Some pictures of your recent purchases

Delvey

Distinguished Member
I know I said the last one was the last one but this really is 🤣
20210911_162854.jpg

jouster

Some smart Wifi bulbs to sort the lounge lighting out.

Far cheaper and quicker than rewiring AND better control as well

decent deal as got them all for £60 all in (purchases on two account saved £5 per purchase via vouchers)

now just need to get them all into the system and plumb them in to Home Assistant.

2695F9EA-A522-4851-9F54-2D1C86049092.jpeg

these Avatar bulbs are particularly great as they can have their brightness set on a schedule. Not essential for the lounge but in kids bedrooms they are great. All set to come on at 20% brightness between 9pm and 7am so as not to not blind people when the lights need to be turned on in the middle of the night

Miss Mandy

Looking for any recommendations for a good reading light. I keep seeing adverts for those "Serious Readers" ones but at £200 they are too expensive. What I'm looking for is a floor lamp that can sit next to my chair and I can use to read books and newspapers. Anyone?

I sit at the end of my sofa so I’ve got one like this. It’s not exactly the same as the cables are tidier on mine, but the style is the same. I’ve got a Hue bulb in the uplighter so that I can change the brightness and a bright bulb in the spotlight for when it’s needed.

Amazon product

King Tones

Distinguished Member
If you're having a conversion, make sure the wiring has neutral feeds to the light switches and then you can buy a smart switch, instead of smart bulbs. I can control 8 GU10 regular LED bulbs, with one Smart switch.

Granted, they are all grouped as one device per se, but, unless you're doing something funky with specific bulbs, I'd prefer a £15-£20 Sonoff wall switch over 8 £15 bulbs :)
Thanks the wiring had already been done a few weeks back before all the work was done and plastering. Today was just fitting all the outlets and lights.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Some smart Wifi bulbs to sort the lounge lighting out.

Far cheaper and quicker than rewiring AND better control as well

decent deal as got them all for £60 all in (purchases on two account saved £5 per purchase via vouchers)

now just need to get them all into the system and plumb them in to Home Assistant.

View attachment 1569130

these Avatar bulbs are particularly great as they can have their brightness set on a schedule. Not essential for the lounge but in kids bedrooms they are great. All set to come on at 20% brightness between 9pm and 7am so as not to not blind people when the lights need to be turned on in the middle of the night
Do you have a link for these ?

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
FFCBD9F4-268B-4DEE-AA7B-368E35D760EA.jpeg

X Rocker PlayStation Amarok Neo Fibre LED Gaming Chair

For my son’s 13th birthday. :D

It’s relatively expensive but the materials and build quality are top notch. It does feel like a premium product rather than the sub £100 chairs that are available on Amazon. :) Son loves it. :D

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Look what the postie bought me!
Had it on DVD back in the day, not seen it for a couple of years but it is absolutely a modern day classic. It set the bar and oh boy, it set the bar high!
Can't wait to watch it on blu.

From eBay, about £2.30 including postage 👍🏻

Just wait til you upgrade to 4K. :D

FishDUDE

no actually, I could give that a try.
Thanks folks, turns out I think I had a crappy cat5 cable, changed it and it works! (well after the Bridge updated.)

I can now use my Alexas to switch the lights on and off when I've forgotten to do so before I go to bed. Life is good.

jouster

Do you have a link for these ?
Of course

WiFi Smart Bulb GU10, Avatar Controls Music Sync Alexa Spot LED Lights RGBCW Colour Dimmable Warm Cool White, Works with Google Home, No Hub Required(Updated, 4 Pack) Amazon product

Qactuar

Distinguished Member

View attachment 1569196

X Rocker PlayStation Amarok Neo Fibre LED Gaming Chair

For my son’s 13th birthday. :D

It’s relatively expensive but the materials and build quality are top notch. It does feel like a premium product rather than the sub £100 chairs that are available on Amazon. :) Son loves it. :D
I've just seen IKEA are about to launch gaming stuff as well ... Madness! Looks good though.

jouster

I've just seen IKEA are about to launch gaming stuff as well ... Madness! Looks good though.
hadn't even heard of this but had a look on this link and all looks pretty smart

chez1hunts

Of course

WiFi Smart Bulb GU10, Avatar Controls Music Sync Alexa Spot LED Lights RGBCW Colour Dimmable Warm Cool White, Works with Google Home, No Hub Required(Updated, 4 Pack) Amazon product

These look just what we have been looking for in our kitchen. How you finding them?
Can you set these in groups? As we have 3 sets of 4 bulbs to each switch.

Any feedback would be great, are they bright? Thanks

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Of course

I wonder how these compare to the Calex bulbs from tesco, which come in around £20 x2 but if you keep an eye on them they can sometimes drop to around £12 x 2

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
hadn't even heard of this but had a look on this link and all looks pretty smart
The should be good for anyone who sits in front of a computer for long periods.
My current chair has a list price of £800 (Humanscale Freedom) - without headrest.

jouster

These look just what we have been looking for in our kitchen. How you finding them?
Can you set these in groups? As we have 3 sets of 4 bulbs to each switch.

Any feedback would be great, are they bright? Thanks
yup grouped them all in Alexa in just a few minutes...I have a group set up for tv lighting, outside 4 lights...a group for all lights...like all smart lights, if they accidentally get turned off they take a little bit of finessing to get back on track properly, but thats part of smart lighting for you...I intend to put some Shelly1L's in behind light switches as well to control after power cut ...and will use it in room where light dimming isn't required...

And of course, in HomeAssistant I've got full offline control as well via the LocalTuya integration

Yes, superbright although it's hard to see the light config behind the plastic, they look much nicer than our previous bulbs with the very obvious SMD (which will now be spares for our bedroom. NOw I just need to get rid of the dimmer switch in the lounge which is no longer needed.

The party lighting function is quite cool but not sure I'd ever actually use it in the room they're in if honest

So in truth very happy for what I paid and they do what I need...

jouster

I wonder how these compare to the Calex bulbs from tesco, which come in around £20 x2 but if you keep an eye on them they can sometimes drop to around £12 x 2
can't comment on the Tesco bulbs but if you do just need dimming and white colour choice bulbs, if the Tescos ones do that for the money then its a nice little saving on these ones (£12 overall)

Do the Tesco ones use the same Tuya app or have they got their own one?

aVdub

Distinguished Member
can't comment on the Tesco bulbs but if you do just need dimming and white colour choice bulbs, if the Tescos ones do that for the money then its a nice little saving on these ones (£12 overall)

Do the Tesco ones use the same Tuya app or have they got their own one?

These have a full range of colours and scenes, using their own app.
Setup is a PITA with me using a fly lead with a GU10 fitting so the bulbs are close to the router, but once done are pretty solid and link up to Alexa with ease and have full voice control.
Which currently is 'Alexa shower on' = hallway blue at 60% and shower bright light at 100%

jouster

These have a full range of colours and scenes, using their own app.
Setup is a PITA with me using a fly lead with a GU10 fitting so the bulbs are close to the router, but once done are pretty solid and link up to Alexa with ease and have full voice control.
Which currently is 'Alexa shower on' = hallway blue at 60% and shower bright light at 100%
all bulbs I've setup worked in their respective light fittings with 2.4 and 5.0 turned on...never had a problem with mine.....running two Mesh systems though..all IOT stuff is on older Cisco APs

aVdub

Distinguished Member
all bulbs I've setup worked in their respective light fittings with 2.4 and 5.0 turned on...never had a problem with mine.....running two Mesh systems though..all IOT stuff is on older Cisco APs

This was before I covered in the place Deco M5's and would probably be much easier now.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Roku announces new Streaming Stick 4K and OS 10.5
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
T+A announces high end 200 Series audio components
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Trinnov Altitude update adds new features
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs welcome Disney+