Some pictures of your recent purchases

deans6571

Good job.
Be interested to see what happens in the late afternoon/evening when the lights are on inside.

....we had a side lamp on late in the afternoon and you still couldn't see the light from outside.

Looks like you've done an excellent job there.
I'm rather tempted to do this as well, I live in a ground floor flat and I hate that everybody that passes looks in, so I tend to have blinds down all the time. Can I ask, does it darken the room a lot? What does the outside view now look like from the inside? Any chance you could take a couple of photos like that? Also, do you still need to draw the curtains at night to stop others looking in? Many thanks. Cris.

It doesn't darken the room at all - its like looking through a pair of light sunglasses when looking out from inside (there's no film on the uppermost windows) :

1620123394644.png

1620123425861.png

I's be interested to see how it looks after dark too. AFAIK it works by reflecting a high proportion of light. So whenever I've seen it installed on commercial premises, it works in reverse after dark, when the light is on the inside. ie you then can't see out but those outside can see in.

...we always draw the curtains when it gets dark anyway - I primarily installed these to stop people looking in during the day whilst I work at my desk in the living room.

:smashin:

Last edited:

Inked

Distinguished Member
....we had a side lamp on late in the afternoon and you still couldn't see the light from outside.

It doesn't darken the room at all - its like looking through a pair of light sunglasses when looking out from inside (there's no film on the uppermost windows) :

View attachment 1505675

View attachment 1505676

...we always draw the curtains when it gets dark anyway - I primarily installed these to stop people looking in during the day whilst I work at my desk on the living room.

Where did you order from?

deans6571

Where did you order from?

....Amazon.

crashcris

Distinguished Member

View attachment 1505675

View attachment 1505676

...we always draw the curtains when it gets dark anyway - I primarily installed these to stop people looking in during the day whilst I work at my desk on the living room.

Thank you so much! That looks so much better than I would have thought and exactly what I'd like to do to my living room. I'm going to seriously consider doing this.

deans6571

Thank you so much! That looks so much better than I would have thought and exactly what I'd like to do to my living room. I'm going to seriously consider doing this.

Just to advise -its supplied on a roll so you'll need to measure the length of your windows from top to bottom and combine the numbers so you have one single 'length' number. That's the length of the roll you will need (also measure the widest window and use that for the width of the roll).

aVdub

Distinguished Member
The film works well for us as the sun spends a lot of the day shining in our bay windows.

Now we've removed the nets and added blinds to the bay it not only looks better, but keeps unwanted eyes from peering in.

With full night you can only just make out ceiling lights, but we do use curtains at night anyway.

In time I feel we will move away from the curtains altogether and just rely on mirror film and blinds.

Tuono r

View attachment 1505584View attachment 1505585
Not a new purchase, it was a gift I ordered for Valentine’s Day but seemed appropriate to share today. Personalized Star Wars cutlery. Pick the colour, design and (obviously) the recipient’s name, optional gift box. From an Etsy seller in Lithuania. I got a rose gold Grogu spoon for myself. Excellent quality, much better than expected.
Hey NP
have you got a link for those.
Looks like a great gift for a SWs fan.

Notorious PIG

Hey NP
have you got a link for those.
Looks like a great gift for a SWs fan.
Hey sorry I’m finding it a bit difficult to do a direct link to the store/item cos it keeps redirecting me to the app, but this is the shop details, go on Etsy and type in the store name: SammyMeGifts or type in ‘Star Wars spoon’ and this store should come up on list.

Please note: the seller is based in Lithuania so if you’re in the UK you will have to pay import tax so do bare (bear?) that in mind.
D6ACB0E2-6D20-46FE-8103-271EA9A76D1D.png

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
BFB00310-89B7-40C3-9442-07E9F0DA4040.jpeg
5D064AB0-2628-440B-84B6-C019EED6AE6C.jpeg
35ABE0D3-7542-4913-8014-DF523773F315.jpeg

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

Dave M

Distinguished Member
Always amazes me how much bigger the 12.9” pro is over the 11. It “seems” bigger than 1.9” somehow?

Attachments

• C16ABAC8-B7BF-44B5-A034-92AD3EF99CD1.jpeg
    C16ABAC8-B7BF-44B5-A034-92AD3EF99CD1.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 32

deantown

Distinguished Member

I put the same Film on my bay window last Monday. From the outside it looks like a mirror. From the inside the room is slightly darker, but our room is very bright due to being South facing. When you put a light on, then people can see in.

Flynch191

^ because of problems ?? or just lots of rooms to fill ;)

Flynch191

Found stashed away in the cupboard..
I wasn’t sure where to post this, here or TIL :) >tip read the text on the bags.

5D3B7812-3CE6-4108-A287-3447BEF37CDB.jpeg

The Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Waldo Pepper.jpg

Why this has never been released on BluRay in the UK I'll probably never know - but this still has an English soundtrack.

My lad had never seen it. Highly entertaining flying stunts - none of this CGI malarkey, no models - all real! Amazed no-one was killed producing it!:eek:

The Great Waldo Pepper

jouster

View attachment 1505584View attachment 1505585
Not a new purchase, it was a gift I ordered for Valentine’s Day but seemed appropriate to share today. Personalized Star Wars cutlery. Pick the colour, design and (obviously) the recipient’s name, optional gift box. From an Etsy seller in Lithuania. I got a rose gold Grogu spoon for myself. Excellent quality, much better than expected.
Link please

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
6months supply should keep me going.
🤧

Attachments

• CA5B65DC-66A2-4EEC-988E-8924C5C70E7B.jpeg
    CA5B65DC-66A2-4EEC-988E-8924C5C70E7B.jpeg
    484.9 KB · Views: 100

treefrog

View attachment 1505902

Why this has never been released on BluRay in the UK I'll probably never know - but this still has an English soundtrack.

My lad had never seen it. Highly entertaining flying stunts - none of this CGI malarkey, no models - all real! Amazed no-one was killed producing it!:eek:

The Great Waldo Pepper

They've been showing this quite a lot recently on one of the channels.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021