• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Some pics of the upcoming Star Trek boxset.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Not touching the movies on Blu until they get a full restoration in the manner of Bond.

DJ Mike

Established Member
Yeah, I must confess I'm dubious about how these films are going to turn out on Blu-ray. The supposed "remastered" Special Edition DVDs were a mediocre effort at best - lots of print damage, colour bleeding, over-saturation, etc. I'll hold judgement until the Blu-rays reach the shelves and we get some screenshots, but I'm not overly hopeful.

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Not touching the movies on Blu until they get a full restoration in the manner of Bond.

Might be waiting a long time. I would have throught we would have heard something by now as it takes a very long time to do it. I bet they will just release them when see fit.

I am sticking with the DVD's. I already bought each film twice.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Looks good - from the picture of the Season 1 boxset it looks like we will see a departure from the awful packaging used on the HD DVD set.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Might be waiting a long time. I would have throught we would have heard something by now as it takes a very long time to do it. I bet they will just release them when see fit.

I am sticking with the DVD's. I already bought each film twice.

I have the HD broadcasts and the SE DVD of ST2 so they'll do for now.
Given the franchise value the reluctance or lack of impetus to start the restoration process at least to me screams out how Para/CBS view the fans as nothing more than cattle who will lap up anything.

Yes they may be waiting for the market to grow or restoration technology to develop bringing down costs etc but it's such a shame they haven't even committed to such an endeavor.

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
When they bring out First Contact that might persuade me to get at least one of the films in HD (it would be my fourth version). However, once I start I like to get the whole collection.

LanceR

Distinguished Member
When they bring out First Contact that might persuade me to get at least one of the films in HD (it would be my fourth version). However, once I start I like to get the whole collection.

First Contact will be the only one i pick as well to honest.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
I already have season one on HD-DVD so wont be replacing that but the films will be pre-ordered as soon as DVDsLimited have them up :clap:

Geoff_D

Distinguished Member
Well, if the remastered TOS set includes the original broadcast versions (as rumoured at the Digital Bits) then I'm definitely selling my HD DVD set and getting the Blu.

As for the movies, I'm definitely gonna pick up the US boxset. I love these flicks dearly and the lure of seeing/hearing them in HD will be too much to resist.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Read about this yesterday, will probaley get Season 2 and 3 on BD but will stick with my HD-DVD set of Season 1 and the 6 film boxset will be pre-ordered as soon as its up on Movietyme's site.

IAN P

Distinguished Member
:eek: I think I just pee'd a little. :rotfl:

Star Trek - Blu-ray - True HD 7.1

Are they not the three best combinations ever? :)

Yep,great combination,the donkeys from Warner need to take note.:D

As i've been reading they've dnr'd Amadeus to death.:thumbsdow

mikegambit

Banned
I hope Paramount have done some recent restoration on the Trek films because the Sky HD broadcasts are pretty crap compared to modern restored stuff

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom