Some people really just don't get it...

A guy who is the manager of a care home lives near my Dad, who lives in a monitored council bungalow, lots of residents nearby with walkers, wheelchairs etc. This guy is always parking his jeep on the road / path so nobody can get by. He doesn't give a toss.

Apparently someone has keyed it all the way round. Well, can't say I didn't see that coming...
1613574283670.png

Mrs has just come in from Morrisons complaining about all the elderly customers not socially distancing. "I've had my jab. Screw you!" apparently. Nice, dickheads!

Mrs has just come in from Morrisons complaining about all the elderly customers not socially distancing. "I've had my jab. Screw you!" apparently. Nice, dickheads!

I guess they didn't pay attention to the bit about the vaccines reducing the severity of COVID-19 and not stopping infections.

Or perhaps they are trying to figure out how it is possible to follow strict social distancing guidance in a supermarket?

I guess they didn't pay attention to the bit about the vaccines reducing the severity of COVID-19 and not stopping infections.

Well to be fair there's quite a bit of evidence that it prevents transmission and infections out there now.

However every single person should still be following the rules for as long as necessary and that will for a few more months yet. At the very least. Social distancing will be in place for quite a while.

Unfortunately I think we'll see plenty of people of all age groups not caring much once they've been vaccinated :(

Once we've done all the way down to the over 40s I dread to think what it'll be like in a supermarket.

People need to realise that yes once we've done most of the population we'll likely be able to ditch social distancing but we need to make sure the numbers are low and will stay low before we ditch it totally.

It was reported that around thirty per cent of people vaccinated have reverted back to 'business as usual' and are ignoring the guidance. If we stop to think about it only the elderly and vulnerable have had the first jab so far. So things are only going to get worse.

Self-centred, pig-ignorant pieces of crap IMO!

When I thought my opinion of mankind couldn't get any lower...

Did I miss Boris's announcement today cancelling the lockdown and social distancing.

Also strange how many bikers were out in their Power Ranger suits with complete strangers just behind.

Well to be fair there's quite a bit of evidence that it prevents transmission and infections out there now.

It's preliminary data, thus cautious optimism is required. It will also vary by which vaccine people have had.

However every single person should still be following the rules for as long as necessary and that will for a few more months yet. At the very least. Social distancing will be in place for quite a while.

Current mask, distancing and hygiene measures need to be in place for a while to come. With the virus mutating there is a chance a new strain will appear that will reduce or negate the efficacy of vaccines. We are nowhere near out of the woods yet.

Unfortunately I think we'll see plenty of people of all age groups not caring much once they've been vaccinated :(

Of course some will, it's human nature. I've seen plenty of people saying they won't get vaccinated as they trust their immune systems over an untested vaccine. I've explained the basics of how mRNA vaccines work to people who don't understand even basic cell biology. What do I get in response ? Rants about genetic engineering.

Once we've done all the way down to the over 40s I dread to think what it'll be like in a supermarket.

I'll be avoiding supermarkets, unless it's really early in the day before they get rammed.

People need to realise that yes once we've done most of the population we'll likely be able to ditch social distancing but we need to make sure the numbers are low and will stay low before we ditch it totally.

We won't be able to ditch social distancing entirely for a while yet. Maybe once we get more advanced COVID-19 vaccines we will be able to. It will only take one COVID-19 variant that spreads rapidly to undo all the hardwork of Scientists and the NHS in getting the nation vaccinated. We will have a semblance of normality by the summer, but it won't be what people are hoping for.

I get the feeling that masks won't disappear in the long run, in so much that people who are sick might decide to wear them to avoid infecting people. Might not be a whole lot of people though.

No evidence for that yet :nono:

The vaccines will vary slightly in how effective they are at stopping transmission given the different approaches used i.e. mRNA vs traditional vaccination tech. What we don't know yet, is if the gaps will be big variations or statistically insignificant ones.

No evidence for that yet :nono:
This is true.

But I think it's a reasonable assumption.

The vaccines that have lower efficacy will likely mean a higher viral load and therefore greater transmission. At least in some people. In theory.

Edit: to be clear this is pure speculation based on how vaccines typically work. Needs to be confirmed.

Like tapzilla2k says though the differences might not be enough to matter.

I'm thinking we'll get some decent data on Monday.

Transmission data is going to be a huge factor in how we come out of lockdown.

Last edited:
The vaccines will vary slightly in how effective they are at stopping transmission given the different approaches used i.e. mRNA vs traditional vaccination tech. What we don't know yet, is if the gaps will be big variations or statistically insignificant ones.
We know jack shit about whether the vaccines stop transmission as yet. So please stop making stuff up.

Did I miss Boris's announcement today cancelling the lockdown and social distancing.

I was thinking the same thing. My neighbours have a house full and it looks as though people are staying over. Lots of curtains twitching. Hopefully we'll see the Police turn up soon :)

Think this is quite relevant in today's environment

Attachments

• 151534457_3903911902992435_1074663512356528673_n.jpg
    151534457_3903911902992435_1074663512356528673_n.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 90
Was at the supermarket yesterday and there is a clear sign on the door saying no entry without a mask and to shop alone unless its with a child.

I saw at least 5-6 people without a mask (why do security let them in?) and loads of couples, usually younger people, shopping together. Will be carnage in a few months time.

Was at the supermarket yesterday and there is a clear sign on the door saying no entry without a mask and to shop alone unless its with a child.

I saw at least 5-6 people without a mask (why do security let them in?) and loads of couples, usually younger people, shopping together. Will be carnage in a few months time.

Is there any reason why you still go to a supermarket, given all the risks involved?

I haven't been in one for over 5 years (so long before Covid) as we get a Tesco delivery to our front door at 1000 every Monday.

Not very good at planning ahead for meals so I do use them every now and again, and its impossible to cater for every eventuality ingredient wise - also getting stuff for my dad as and when he needs it. Also slots for delivery are still very sporadic here, often there isn't one available for well over a week.

Is there any reason why you still go to a supermarket, given all the risks involved?

I haven't been in one for over 5 years (so long before Covid) as we get a Tesco delivery to our front door at 1000 every Monday.

Gives me something to do.

Can’t be living in fear.

Gives me something to do.

Can’t be living in fear.
It's not living in fear, it's being careful not to spread a virus during a national pandemic.

My supermarket has been a bit hit and miss for deliveries so I need to go and top up once in a while but I limit that as much as possible.

We will back to relative normality fairly soon with any luck.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom