Some people really just don't get it...

Honestly I get that, I tend to keep myself to myself and if it's a little thing just let it go, but there's a little thing and then there's taking the piss.

Yeah I know. There's a lot of people taking the piss now, the vaccines have energised people into thinking it's jolly time again. There's so much traffic out on the roads too.

Yeah I know. There's a lot of people taking the piss now, the vaccines have energised people into thinking it's jolly time again. There's so much traffic out on the roads too.
That's probably the reason why there are 57 areas in and around Birmingham which still have a rate over 400, with one over 1000. Some areas are rising.

Now's the time for people to hang tight and be stricter then ever, the finishing line isn't too far out for things to open up again, and unless a new variant comes in or there is a major swerve of some kind, it will be manageable from here on out.

Also, is it the vaccines, or is it lockdown that has caused the cases to drop?

Or mix of both?

Also, is it the vaccines, or is it lockdown that has caused the cases to drop?

Or mix of both?
Mix of both.

There’s got to be some calculation you can make on how many people have been vaccinated and therefore dropping the rates. Correlation with older people? Probably three weeks ago? It’s beyond me though.

On the lockdown, I’ve no idea other than “it worked last time”.

Had to go out for some shopping for parents today, this isn’t a lockdown, far from it. I was actually stuck in traffic today!
Lots of people on my estate getting visitors too.
Already said this on both threads on here,but 100% there is no lockdown evident at all and there hasn’t been since before Christmas.The first time was also a joke after about two weeks traffic had returned to normal here,people rocking up in cars to walk their dogs and carrying picnic hampers down to the dam.
If it had been done correctly in the first place we wouldn’t be in this shit storm now.
There are some totally selfish people on this planet unfortunately and the rest of us suffer for their stupidity.

With how figures have gone down I think there is a lockdown and people are appreciating that, don't let the morons deter that. If it wasn't a lockdown figures would not have fallen so much.

I've had my Covid Bubble of three people (Single-family and other than at work the only people I've fraternised with for months) over for dinner and saw a further 6 taxis arriving.

That was taking the piss and I reported it on 101.

3 mins later the cops arrived so either they were bored, on a kebab run or I wasn't the only grass in town.
Party dispersed, easily 25+ people kicked out.

If I knew which care home she managed I'd grass her for that as well, might do a bit of simple detective work in the morning.

3 mins later the cops arrived so either they were bored, on a kebab run or I wasn't the only grass in town.

66168381.jpg

I've had my Covid Bubble of three people (Single-family and other than at work the only people I've fraternised with for months) over for dinner and saw a further 6 taxis arriving.

That was taking the piss and I reported it on 101.

If I knew which care home she managed I'd grass her for that as well, might do a bit of simple detective work in the morning.

LinkedIn might a good place to start. Your local rag newspaper might be interested in that story. As has been said, nosey neighbour aside, if she does work at a care home, thats shocking attitude.

I work in a care home, we've had no one in our (own) home, other than in our bubble. We have food delivered etc. My immediate fellow workers, do the same.

Last edited:
My mother is in a care home and it was one of the first in Scotland to be badly hit, with no real help from the Scottish government, they were just left to it.

~32 residents have died from Covid.

You can imagine from that, it's really personal and I can't believe a care home manager is so utterly irresponsible.

The fall in cases we have seen so far has had nothing to do with the vaccine rollout.
The fall in cases is equivalent across all age ranges.
We won’t see an effect from the vaccine rollout for some time yet - people who have been vaccinated are not going out to work or having social gatherings.
I think we’ll start to see an effect from the vaccine in about a month’s time, could be longer.

Ventured out today and on my car the battery warning light came on. I drove about 30 miles and got stopped by the law. Explained the situation and they were ok with me. I can’t really complain with the way I was treated tbh.

It pains me to say it, but the only possible conclusion from these continuing reports is that some people are just plain selfish and/or stupid.

And you have only just realised this, are you a new born baby? :D

No, I'm 75 and have felt this way for decades, but it's only now that it's so blatantly obvious that I can say it without being accused of snobbishness, elitism, etc.

It still pains me, though... :(

I have a neighbour that works in a care home and has totally ignored lockdown rules since day one as has her partner and it seems their most of their friends and family, very weird.

A guy who is the manager of a care home lives near my Dad, who lives in a monitored council bungalow, lots of residents nearby with walkers, wheelchairs etc. This guy is always parking his jeep on the road / path so nobody can get by. He doesn't give a toss.

Apparently someone has keyed it all the way round. Well, can't say I didn't see that coming...

Apparently someone has keyed it all the way round. Well, can't say I didn't see that coming...

Is the tip of your car/housekey purely and utterly coincidentally and in no way is this any type of admission of anything, the same colour as his car?

:p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom