Some people really just don't get it...

Flammable sanitiser. Alcohol based. Hic.

I despair for the UK, its not my home I once loved!

Not sure if the lack of discipline(amongst other stuff) with youth this past 20 odd years has now blossomed into what we are seeing with the ease of lock down, selfishness and an attitude of don't give a fudge, no sense of danger or respect.

People are now causing wild fires with frickin disposable BBQs, absolute numpties. Look at the behaviour we have seen, riots, mass demos, stabbings, rape, raves, fires, no social distancing, crapping in gardens, litter, not allowed a different opinion, PC mad, just unbelievable. Should have moved to N Zealand or Canada years ago, this country is dying.

My kids are alright. Daughter still goes shopping with her Mum for elderly neighbours, when she isn't doing that she has discovered painting by numbers. Son is still giving his Xbox some hammer and he doesn't even want to go outside.

I despair for the UK, its not my home I once loved!

Not sure if the lack of discipline(amongst other stuff) with youth this past 20 odd years has now blossomed into what we are seeing with the ease of lock down, selfishness and an attitude of don't give a fudge, no sense of danger or respect.

People are now causing wild fires with frickin disposable BBQs, absolute numpties. Look at the behaviour we have seen, riots, mass demos, stabbings, rape, raves, fires, no social distancing, crapping in gardens, litter, not allowed a different opinion, PC mad, just unbelievable. Should have moved to N Zealand or Canada years ago, this country is dying.
Ahh, now you have obviously turned the page that puts you in the same age bracket as me. Welcome to Meldrewland, and among the other things I have fond memories of are:
  • Me and two mates running the first Bolton marathon and having our picture taken before the start with Jimmy Saville (!!)
  • Football in the 70s!! 46 organised fights every Saturday at precisely 3pm. Police dealing with riots in towns, darts and shuriken along with the bog rolls being thrown during the game (what a waste!!). Parts of Manchester on fire during Bobby Charlton's charity testimonial friendly against Celtic
  • Riots in Liverpool resulting in parts of Toxteth burning to the ground
  • I'm nostalgic for dogshit on every street. For those wishing to see something that was more accurate than enough, watch the Barry Humphries parodies of our pavements
  • The National Front contesting over 300 seats in the 1979 general election (I was proud of our nation when most of them lost their deposits)
  • Half of Chat Moss and Bolton moors with peat fires running underground, thanks to ass-hats that thought it funny to watch the fire brigade at work
  • Hungerford, Dunblane - another proud moment when the guns were just banned
  • Taking a knife to school so we could play "Split the Kipper". And nobody thought anything of it.
  • " AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz". Lyrics from "We didn't start the fire" - worth a listen periodically
Try this:
1593590335996.png

The ONS stats continue downward through 2109, but given the rise in rape reporting, god damn - the car thieves are falling down on the job.

This isn't such a bad place to be, even if things aren't what they used to be (thank the Lord). I find not believing anything in the media helps keep it under control.

But where did all the white dog poo go? :)

When I was a young 'un I used to like painting pebbles from the beach. I came back with a bag full one day and half of them were white dog turds!

There is a white paint shortage.

Ahh, now you have obviously turned the page that puts you in the same age bracket as me. Welcome to Meldrewland, and among the other things I have fond memories of are:
  • Me and two mates running the first Bolton marathon and having our picture taken before the start with Jimmy Saville (!!)
  • Football in the 70s!! 46 organised fights every Saturday at precisely 3pm. Police dealing with riots in towns, darts and shuriken along with the bog rolls being thrown during the game (what a waste!!). Parts of Manchester on fire during Bobby Charlton's charity testimonial friendly against Celtic
  • Riots in Liverpool resulting in parts of Toxteth burning to the ground
  • I'm nostalgic for dogsh*t on every street. For those wishing to see something that was more accurate than enough, watch the Barry Humphries parodies of our pavements
  • The National Front contesting over 300 seats in the 1979 general election (I was proud of our nation when most of them lost their deposits)
  • Half of Chat Moss and Bolton moors with peat fires running underground, thanks to ass-hats that thought it funny to watch the fire brigade at work
  • Hungerford, Dunblane - another proud moment when the guns were just banned
  • Taking a knife to school so we could play "Split the Kipper". And nobody thought anything of it.
  • " AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz". Lyrics from "We didn't start the fire" - worth a listen periodically
Try this:View attachment 1327105
The ONS stats continue downward through 2109, but given the rise in rape reporting, god damn - the car thieves are falling down on the job.

This isn't such a bad place to be, even if things aren't what they used to be (thank the Lord). I find not believing anything in the media helps keep it under control.
lol, guess I've turned into Victor🤣, yeah remember all that but being a soldier back then, it was NAAFI, German bars and women and getting hammered but still disciplined (generally 😜)

lol, guess I've turned into Victor🤣, yeah remember all that but being a soldier back then, it was NAAFI, German bars and women and getting hammered but still disciplined (generally 😜)
Ah, that figures, used to a bit of self discipline. Well, until war declared, and then into a level of trouble that makes anything I talk about a picnic. Good luck Pugs and stay safe mate. :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So nice to see a lady with obvious health issues - crutches, morbidly obese, limping and wheezing out doing her shopping today. She had got herself a mask, so all good there AND THEN DECIDED TO TOTALLY IGNORE EVERY 1 WAY SIGN IN THE SUPERMARKET, SO SHE WALKED TOWARDS THE VAST MAJORITY OF SHOPPERS!! It was not as if she was taking shortcuts, she walked up and down pretty much every aisle.

When I tried to explain to her that by doing so she was increasing her exposure risk by walking towards people rather than in the same direction, her response was "But I'm wearing a mask".

Glad we cleared that one up...

So nice to see a lady with obvious health issues - crutches, morbidly obese, limping and wheezing out doing her shopping today. She had got herself a mask, so all good there AND THEN DECIDED TO TOTALLY IGNORE EVERY 1 WAY SIGN IN THE SUPERMARKET, SO SHE WALKED TOWARDS THE VAST MAJORITY OF SHOPPERS!! It was not as if she was taking shortcuts, she walked up and down pretty much every aisle.

When I tried to explain to her that by doing so she was increasing her exposure risk by walking towards people rather than in the same direction, her response was "But I'm wearing a mask".

Glad we cleared that one up...

:facepalm:

One of the reasons that mask wearing was not recommended by the UK Government at the start of the pandemic was because it would give a false sense of protection which only the full PPE can provide.

It seems they got something right for once! :)

Am I wrong? The village near me is having an end of term bbq for the local youth club in a few weeks. They have invited everyone to a sports field. I thought gatherings were still not allowed?

YOUTH CLUB END OF TERM CELEBRATION!!!!
Hi
Well this year has been a bit of a disappointment for everyone with the Covid 19 crisis.....and we've missed you!! No really we have.....honestly!!!😃
But....we're not going let the end of term close without one last hurrah and we want to welcome new members who can join in Sept when the new term starts.
So, we're going to have our usual end of term BBQ at the sports field on Weds 15th July!!! However, because of social distancing we're going to make it a BBQ/Picinic and we would welcome all current members, all potential new members from Sept (those going into year 6) and all the mums, dads, brothers, sisters and grans and gramps to join us!!!
So if you don't what a sausage or burger (which we understand but we will be fully PPE'd up and sanitised at the cooking station never fear) then please feel free to bring your own picnic and find a spot for your blanket on the field and join us for some fun.
We will be looking to start at 7.30pm and finish at 9.00pm .....WEATHER PERMITTING of course!!!😎🤞
We will be having some socially distant games with prizes and it's a chance to meet existing/new members and all the fabulous Youth Leaders.
So come and join us and celebrate the best Youth club in the world!!!!
(Please note we will only be cooking limited sausage and burgers so first come, first served!!😋)
Hope to see you on the Weds 15th July at 7.30pm!!
Stay safe and well everyone

If they pretend it is a protest I'm sure it'll be fine.

You could always ring your local Police Station non-emergency number and ask if it is permitted :)

Overheard by my OH yesterday when she went to do the banking.

On bench outside bank.

Loud man: Well it ain't coming here now is it. I don't know anyone that's had it.
Woman: I lost a friend to it.
Loud man: Were they old.
Woman: Well yes, but pretty fit.
Loud old man: Well there you go then, just the elderly.

You cannot win

One rule for the privileged and a different one for the rest of us again.

Another misleading headline from the press. He has not broken a lock down "rule", he has gone against the current guidelines. The rest of us are free to do the same. Looks like they are trying to create another Dominic Cummings storm.

Perhaps they meant the Greek lockdown, but conveniently didn't have enough space in the headline to explain? :)

Another misleading headline from the press. He has not broken a lock down "rule", he has gone against the current guidelines. The rest of us are free to do the same. Looks like they are trying to create another Dominic Cummings storm.

He went via Bulgaria as the Greek govt has banned direct flights from the UK. I'd say that's breaking Greece's rules.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom