Some people really just don't get it...

The same mind set where they seem to think the own the north and south continents.

Breathing problems,i think the lady has some anger management problems :facepalm:.

Plus just looking at the news quickly,see its been another day of marches,for this and that cause,why dont they get it,a virus doesn't give a shit about your cause,and at the risk of putting up that R number up again,and possibility of spreading it,is not going to help their causes one bit.

I just dont understand people ?,yes their are risks in life,and they cant always be avoided,but when they can be ?,dont they care about all the front line workers ?,who are having to carry on ?

Despair :(

Breathing problem? Sounds to me like she has quite the set of lungs on her.

Ah, the "Poor me"s are in town.

Another devout Trump supporter no doubt!
My sister owns a store in Houston & there are very real issues around this, The state are mandating stores to police the wearing of masks by customers, yet customers have the right to refuse to. If the store asks why they refuse to, that is apparently a breach of their constitutional rights, with a small army of lawyers keen to sue stores. It's a very odd county as illustrated by the video in this report:

"I demand my constitutional right to expose myself & others to a potentially lethal virus!" :facepalm:

Then the staff have the right to refuse service surely?

obviously I hope this doesn't happen , but Leicester to be potentially locally locked down within days ......

My sister owns a store in Houston & there are very real issues around this, The state are mandating stores to police the wearing of masks by customers, yet customers have the right to refuse to. If the store asks why they refuse to, that is apparently a breach of their constitutional rights, with a small army of lawyers keen to sue stores. It's a very odd county as illustrated by the video in this report:

"I demand my constitutional right to expose myself & others to a potentially lethal virus!" :facepalm:
So a Republican with underlying health issues campaigns to end the lockdown of Maryland but when he discovers that he has COVID-19 he refuses to help with contact tracing o_O

So a Republican with underlying health issues campaigns to end the lockdown of Maryland but when he discovers that he has COVID-19 he refuses to help with contact tracing o_O
They're a peculiar breed for sure.

Darwin.
Just saying.

And it serves them right, they must all be thick sh** and think God and the Republican party will protect them :rotfl: well I expect that they will soon get a dose of reality. And as for thick well they did vote for Trump :rotfl:

Lots of people in the US don't get it:
Actual Coronavirus Infections Vastly Undercounted, CDC Data Shows
Yes, it appears that only one in ten infections is known.
The US is going to be devastated.

I actually think this could be a positive piece of information. If there are that many infections circulating then it is likely bring about a high level of herd immunity. If this many people are/have been infected and not showing symptoms, I regard that as good news. It may suggest that the virus (while still being highly contagious) is not resulting in very acute symptoms as it did initially.

Hopefully but the response in the US is chaotic.

I actually think this could be a positive piece of information. If there are that many infections circulating then it is likely bring about a high level of herd immunity. If this many people are/have been infected and not showing symptoms, I regard that as good news. It may suggest that the virus (while still being highly contagious) is not resulting in very acute symptoms as it did initially.
Please bear in mind that we do not actually know if there is immunity for any length of time, so until that is confirmed, there may be no such thing as "herd immunity"?

Please bear in mind that we do not actually know if there is immunity for any length of time, so until that is confirmed, there may be no such thing as "herd immunity"?

Point taken. But we have to hope that is the case, otherwise our only realistic option is the vaccine. I think there are two issues with this. First, creation of (possible) herd immunity following society returning to increased interaction, as you say, time will tell on this. Second, the virus looks like it may be dying out in terms of how seriously it is affecting those it infects. All the reports I am reading indicates that hospitals are seeing significantly less COVID admissions.

There's a lot of rubbish being talked about this. If immunity is not conferred, the only escape is a pine box. Your immune system is all you have to stop the virus tearing you apart. Viruses don’t just decide to "check out".

I can find no confirmed repeat cases, and I'm not looking at the media, I'm checking research papers. The "possibilities" being found appear to be poor experimental technique:
  • RT-PCR methods scale up DNA detection by a factor of millions/billions, and you have to be clever enough to eliminate any possibility of false positives/residual RNA being detected. Too many scientists are using these methods for the first time, and messing up results and interpretation. Asymptomatic carriers don't help scientists with some of the methods being used, and the media interpretation of "don't know" and "can't find" in scientific work is being reported as gospel. It isn't.
  • Antibody detection - Protein based analysis. Needs more material as the methods are not as sensitive as genetic based detection. Some studies showing them in all cases, a few not. Scientists sometimes don't put in their reports that their detection methods may be flawed and some do. Trust the latter group.

By the way, vaccines work by stimulating your immune system to recognise proteins it has not met "in the wild". If exposure to the virus does not create immunity for any length of time, neither will a vaccine.

And while I'm on my soapbox, I can find NO antivirals that are a cure for any viral disease. They are described as "inhibitors" and the like, giving your immune system time to get on top.

As you may have noticed, I'm a big fan of my immune system. It's fought off the invaders every day for over 60 years, and I'm still upright. I'm less of a fan of the way information is spread by the press and social media.

Last edited:
Point taken. But we have to hope that is the case, otherwise our only realistic option is the vaccine. I think there are two issues with this. First, creation of (possible) herd immunity following society returning to increased interaction, as you say, time will tell on this. Second, the virus looks like it may be dying out in terms of how seriously it is affecting those it infects. All the reports I am reading indicates that hospitals are seeing significantly less COVID admissions.
We must certainly hope for the best, but also plan for the worst (tempered by realism). Whilst I certainly do cling to the hope that there will be some degree of immunity, I'm not aware of anyone actually being able to demonstrate that. It was Prof van Tam who stressed in a briefing, that we did not know if there was immunity at all, never mind if it lasted 2 months!

with the way the USA seems to be imploding , I really do hope our leaders are taking a very close look at what is happening ........

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom