Some people really just don't get it...

I got it March last year and when the flu itself had gone I still wasn't right so they did a range of blood tests - turned out I had a severe B12 defficiency!

Same here , one of the reasons why I stopped drinking .....

I don't touch alcohol. Not teetotal, just never cared for it.

Should GPs have been furloughed? All the GP surgeries around here closed down shortly after the Covid-19 outbreak and are still closed. A bit like a vehicle breakdown service, saying they won't be coming out. Because they anticipate a high demand for their service. Ours has a notice on the door, 'We are closed and taking a well deserved rest.' Yet all the Doctors only work two days a week. If you feel ill, ring up and get a receptionist. Who rings back and gives you a time to speak to a Doctor. Obviously no testing is possible over the phone. So all you can do is go to the hospital, if things get no better. Just a waste of time and two phone calls.

Should GPs have been furloughed? All the GP surgeries around here closed down shortly after the Covid-19 outbreak and are still closed. A bit like a vehicle breakdown service, saying they won't be coming out. Because they anticipate a high demand for their service. Ours has a notice on the door, 'We are closed and taking a well deserved rest.' Yet all the Doctors only work two days a week. If you feel ill, ring up and get a receptionist. Who rings back and gives you a time to speak to a Doctor. Obviously no testing is possible over the phone. So all you can do is go to the hospital, if things get no better. Just a waste of time and two phone calls.

Not my experience - my family have used the GP twice since lock-down. First was dealt by telephone no problem, and the second started with a phone call but then an immediate physical examination. They are still working, just prioritising for the important stuff (and better for it IMHO)

Not my experience - my family have used the GP twice since lock-down. First was dealt by telephone no problem, and the second started with a phone call but then an immediate physical examination. They are still working, just prioritising for the important stuff (and better for it IMHO)

I've had 2 phone consults, 1 exam and 2 lots of blood samples during lockdown. My GP practice is definitely working.

The first (nimby) guy interviewed keeps referring to them as "our beaches", as if you are not allowed to visit them if you live outside Bournemouth!

Ask anybody who lives by a beach they're our beach because we live there and they're our home.

Personally if you come and respect where we live no problems if your like the rest of the shirkers who just turn up and trash the place what do you expect.

Bournemouth are lucky tourists round here abusing both the area and locals are getting their lights punched out

Last edited:
Media reporting on beach goers yet congratulations for protestors the other week.
They really are a set of tits.

We're planning on going to Bournemouth in August, next round of meeting my potential in-laws.

I agree @Ruperts slippers . The media in general seems to be full of doom and gloom merchants. The focus should be on (cautious) optimism that the gradual reopening has not, touch wood, resulted in a second wave. Instead we get bombarded with scaremongering predictions about return to lock down, NHS worried about being overrun, possible closing of beaches etc.

I agree @Ruperts slippers . The media in general seems to be full of doom and gloom merchants. The focus should be on (cautious) optimism that the gradual reopening has not, touch wood, resulted in a second wave. Instead we get bombarded with scaremongering predictions about return to lock down, NHS worried about being overrun, possible closing of beaches etc.
Didn't you hear? That expert that was sacked says he doesn't reckon we will get a second wave.

God who to believe, I am going to get some different sized pebbles and throw them in the air and use them to decide the outcome, no wonder people just doing what they want and why shouldn't they, no one has a clue whats going on

Didn't you hear? That expert that was sacked says he doesn't reckon we will get a second wave.

God who to believe, I am going to get some different sized pebbles and throw them in the air and use them to decide the outcome, no wonder people just doing what they want and why shouldn't they, no one has a clue whats going on

There are lots of ifs and buts and lots of different opinions within the scientific community. What we can be certain of though, is the fact that the reopening which started several weeks ago has NOT yet produced a second wave.

I think there'll always be cases, spikes, infections. Whether this turns into deaths, time will tell.
Hopefully it won't.

There's going to be serious, serious disorder when the pubs open. They've been locked up for 3 months. Some right projected helicopter swings.😂
This country is a tinder ready to burn.

Tbh young people have always been like that. Too much testosterone. Mods, rockers, football lads, skinheads, they don't have identities now.

And this was the problem right from the beginning. Experts with different opinions and which ones should the Government listen to? They had to make a choice from several options. Too many Experts with too many opinions. None of them really knew what was the best way forward.

I bet the seaside businesses in Bournemouth that were begging to be allowed to open for the summer are now glad they didn't have to serve 500,000 customers all at once :(. That's not a dig at said businesses BTW.

I used to live in Bournemouth, nice place, packed in summer, dead in winter. I am not surprised there were so many visitors, there isn't much in the way of beaches along the southcoast there.

And lets face it, 500,000 people didn't all contact each other to all meet up at once, no one knew who else was going so how can you blame the people for going there, its not like they knew 500,000 people were going to be there.

I used to live in Bournemouth, nice place, packed in summer, dead in winter. I am not surprised there were so many visitors, there isn't much in the way of beaches along the southcoast there.

And lets face it, 500,000 people didn't all contact each other to all meet up at once, no one knew who else was going so how can you blame the people for going there, its not like they knew 500,000 people were going to be there.

No, but that common sense that the PM keeps calling on us to exercise would suggest if you arrived and the car parks were full, don't park illegally on the roads, go elsewhere or go home.

It’s football. Wouldn't have expected anything else.

^^^
Disgusting.

Makes me ashamed to be from this lawless, embarrassment of a country.

Oh for a bit of law and order. Chop all their arms off so they cant hold a f*&!~’g beer can.

not here , but it appears as though parts of America are going to implode shortly , right after restrictions were at least partly lifted / people decided to do what they want ......

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom