Some people really just don't get it...

Lee

These people obviously don't get it.

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
Unfortunately, due to someone my son has been in contact with deciding that his bad headache and chills must be just a "bit of a cold" my son, wife and myself have all tested positive.
Beggars belief really.

indianwells

More people would follow the rules if some of them made any sense, especially here in Wales. Went to B&Q this morning where I couldn't buy a curtain rail but I could buy a towel rail. I could buy a couple of bedside lamps but couldn't buy a duvet or a pillow.....

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
Here's a good one. Someone I know still has to go into the office to work and recently the company has decided the staff restaurant cannot be used to sit and eat food you buy on-site, purchased food must be eaten elsewhere, but you can sit and eat food you bring in from home. o_O

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Could be to do with the queueing system or payment process. I dunno, clutching at straws to make sense of it.

Indiana Jones

Here's a good one. Someone I know still has to go into the office to work and recently the company has decided the staff restaurant cannot be used to sit and eat food you buy on-site, purchased food must be eaten elsewhere, but you can sit and eat food you bring in from home. o_O

Have a similar thing here, mask wearing and some social distancing during work hours but when it comes to lunchtime the youngsters all crowd together in a spot eating their lunch so kind of makes the measures they abide by the other 7 hours sort of pointless lol

iangreasby

Distinguished Member
I've just watched the ITV video and would like to know a bit more about these particular incidents. Firstly I must clearly state that there is no way staff should be threatened or abused, not under any circumstances. There is no way physical or verbal assaults can ever be condoned. If a relative has been admitted to hospital with obvious Covid symptoms, coughing, high temperature, breathing difficulties, then I find it difficult to accept that someone would then question that they had Covid, even a so called "covid denier" (I am not a Covid denier and do not know of anyone who would think such nonsense). However, if your relative was admitted with, say a broken leg, and had subsequently tested positive (which I understand to be a requirement currently for all hospital admissions) whilst being asymptomatic for Covid, then that would be completely different. I can understand someone then being confused and perplexed (but that would still not justify them being abusive or violent). In that situation you may wish to ask for a second opinion, and maybe request that a second test be carried out. You may be very concerned that your relative would presumably then have to be placed in a Covid ward and hence now at quite a high risk of becoming infected (in a symptomatic way) from other patients. I assume once that happens then you would not be allowed to visit your relative. I would just like to know a bit more information because it seems very odd. Even in the circumstances I have suggested, I must stress that I do not condone the behaviour described by the nurse being interviewed.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member

sounds like one of the nonsensical rules my employer would bring out 🤣🤣🤣

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
However, if your relative was admitted with, say a broken leg, and had subsequently tested positive (which I understand to be a requirement currently for all hospital admissions) whilst being asymptomatic for Covid, then that would be completely different. I can understand someone then being confused and perplexed (but that would still not justify them being abusive or violent). In that situation you may wish to ask for a second opinion, and maybe request that a second test be carried out. You may be very concerned that your relative would presumably then have to be placed in a Covid ward and hence now at quite a high risk of becoming infected (in a symptomatic way) from other patients. I assume once that happens then you would not be allowed to visit your relative. I would just like to know a bit more information because it seems very odd. Even in the circumstances I have suggested, I must stress that I do not condone the behaviour described by the nurse being interviewed.

That makes no sense at all, and doesn't justify in any way at all someone being abusive to the very people doing their best to help their relative.

Why do they trust the doctors/nurses when they tell them they've got a broken leg, but want a second opinion when they're told they have covid?

If they're positive, but asymptomatic, placing them in a Covid red ward is still the right thing to do. They can't get more infected by patients displaying symptoms... You also can't currently visit your relative regardless of what ward they're on, there are no visitors allowed unless the patient is near the end of their life.

At the end of the day, anyone being abusive to nursing staff should be booted out of the hospital and banned from receiving treatment themselves, but that's not going to happen unfortunately, as everyone is eligible for NHS care, whether they're an abusive prick or not.

Last edited:

Aj33

Distinguished Member
At the end of the day, anyone being abusive to nursing staff should be booted out of the hospital and banned from receiving treatment themselves
100%

MartinMiller

Family up the road from me, just back from Dubai, let their kids out to play, someone(not me) phoned cops, parents plaster all over Facebook about the “grasses” and how sad the grasses are...... what about you need to quarantine when you come back? 🤦‍♀️

IronGiant

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Dubai on the quarantine-free list? Until tomorrow morning anyway.

IronGiant

It should have been if the government had any sense :thumbsup:

password1

The 'local' area message needs to be less vague.

Personally I have no issue with someone going 5-10 miles for a walk, but I also don't think that's in the rules of 'local' area, personally.

As long as someone has common sense though, I wanna see more authority in supermarkets for example.
If they have to do a 20 mile round trip for a walk , I wouldn't call that 'local'. They can easily work out at home, open the window if they need to fresh air or walk to the park, instead of driving to the park. Some people use the 'exercise' as an excuse when they're meeting friends and have a coffee together.

I know people who make non essential journies and always have an excuse ready in case asked by the police.

tapzilla2k

Distinguished Member
Looks like anti vaxxers have been threatening to protest at vaccination centres/hubs. Disrupt vaccinations and smash the vaccines is probably what some of them are planning at a guess.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Sky announces huge original TV show and movie lineup for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cambridge Audio launches DacMagic 200M headphone amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett