Some people really just don't get it...

brunation

iamsludge

I was out and about today, saw a nicely social distanced queue of people at an icecream kiosk, seller behind the screen washing her hands between customers and wearing a mask. All good. Then a complete muppet of a large extended family (about 6 of them in total) decided to just walk straight through the middle of the queue when they could quite easily have walked around. Idjits everywhere.

Mevlock

I was out and about today, saw a nicely social distanced queue of people at an icecream kiosk, seller behind the screen washing her hands between customers and wearing a mask. All good. Then a complete muppet of a large extended family (about 6 of them in total) decided to just walk straight through the middle of the queue when they could quite easily have walked around. Idjits everywhere.
I have to deal with idiots like this every day.

Most people will queue sensibly outside my chippy. Getting their masks ready to put on as they come in.

Then every so often you'll get a large family who just don't give a fudge. Kids running amok. The entire family coming in and and out trying to sort there order instead of just one person placing and collecting it.

All it does is piss off everyone else and put people off coming back.

philbot

I 've gone the other way. I use the manned tills. The touchscreen at the self checkouts are a no no for me
The Asda self checkout till asks how you want to pay Cash, Card or Contactless... yep, you have to touch the grimy screen to choose contactless.
:facepalm:

sebbykin

Distinguished Member
At least if you don't want a receipt you just have to wait until the screen refreshes !!!:)

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Walmart have a reputation in the US for penny pinching and it is well earned.
After they bought Asda they terminated the contracts of a lot of Asda employees and to keep their jobs they had to sign a new contract of employment with much worse conditions and less money.

Skull n Bones

Walmart have a reputation in the US for penny pinching and it is well earned.
After they bought Asda they terminated the contracts of a lot of Asda employees and to keep their jobs they had to sign a new contract of employment with much worse conditions and less money.
Thanks, no cleaning on their screens then :eek:

fat jez

Distinguished Member

simonblue

Distinguished Member

fat jez

Distinguished Member
Any news on whether this has caused a new cluster of cases in the Sunderland area? Maybe it will take a few more days for any effects to result.
Not that I’ve seen. I posted this more as the impact this idiot has on people’s livelihood.

I don’t agree on opening pubs so soon, but that doesn’t mean I don’t feel sympathy that these ones will have to close for cleaning and the stress it placed on the staff.

brian s

Distinguished Member
I wonder if @brian s knows him :)
Probably not though I daresay I've seen him in Asda without a mask. Even before this happened I didn't frequent those establishments mentioned in the article. I most certainly wouldn't now. If you go to a pub or restaurant you have to trust that everyone in there is following the guidelines. Even if they are it's still a risk and they are lots of people out who aren't in the slightest bit bothered about the following the rules.

Bri

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Probably not though I daresay I've seen him in Asda without a mask. Even before this happened I didn't frequent those establishments mentioned in the article. I most certainly wouldn't now. If you go to a pub or restaurant you have to trust that everyone in there is following the guidelines. Even if they are it's still a risk and they are lots of people out who aren't in the slightest bit bothered about the following the rules.
So true. Mrs has said a fair few people aren't bothering with masks. The type of people who park in parent and child spaces (with no child) or a disabled bay and laugh as they fake a limp into a supermarket (I've actually seen this happen).

The grapevine "up 'ere" is full of rumours about Sunderland going into lockdown again. It was like that a few weeks ago so I've no idea how this will affect things.

brian s

Distinguished Member
So true. Mrs has said a fair few people aren't bothering with masks. The type of people who park in parent and child spaces (with no child) or a disabled bay and laugh as they fake a limp into a supermarket (I've actually seen this happen).

The grapevine "up 'ere" is full of rumours about Sunderland going into lockdown again. It was like that a few weeks ago so I've no idea how this will affect things.
Regarding the parking I saw a documentry that was filmed locally. In it a couple of people challenged a woman who had parked in a disabled space. She didn't appear to be disabled and most certainly didn't have a badge on her car. Her excuse was that all the parent and child spaces had been taken. She was on her own. There were no children to be seen. Maybe she had one locked in the boot.

I don't know if we have more than our fair share of idiots but I do see a lot of poeple who clearly couldn't care less about social distancing or wearing masks in shops. A lot of those with masks on often don't have them covering their nose and sometimes have them round their necks. I think I'm correct in saying that Sunderland was one of the worst places in the country. I wouldn't be too surprised if we're back there again. To be honest I wouldn't object to another lockdown.

Bri

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Regarding the parking I saw a documentry that was filmed locally. In it a couple of people challenged a woman who had parked in a disabled space. She didn't appear to be disabled and most certainly didn't have a badge on her car. Her excuse was that all the parent and child spaces had been taken. She was on her own. There were no children to be seen. Maybe she had one locked in the boot.

I don't know if we have more than our fair share of idiots but I do see a lot of poeple who clearly couldn't care less about social distancing or wearing masks in shops. A lot of those with masks on often don't have them covering their nose and sometimes have them round their necks. I think I'm correct in saying that Sunderland was one of the worst places in the country. I wouldn't be too surprised if we're back there again. To be honest I wouldn't object to another lockdown.

Bri
People are pretty shameless these days. The Mrs had to pop to the MetroCentre the other day. I took her and sat in the car while she popped in. i saw a traffic warden slap a ticket on a Mercedes parked in a disabled bay with no badge. I gave him a thumbs up :)

Mrs has complained about it at the customer service desk in various supermarkets. Their response is usually a shrug of the shoulders and a "Nothing we can do" excuse. People really are scum.

We drove along Roker seafront when it was hot and the place was rammed! It really fills you with a sense of unease.

edz

I think the problem is one of critical mass. When the likes of us follow the rules and act responsibly and with courtesy for others but more and more and more of the public just dont bother as it makes their day infinitesimally easier at the expense (or risk) of others eventually it snowballs and we lose just that little bit more civility.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more

Latest News

THX Spatial Audio app brings 360 degree sound to any headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Xbox Series X November launch confirmed
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Xiaomi OLED is world’s first mass produced transparent TV
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Tron 3 lands star and director for Disney
  • By Andy Bassett