1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some of Paramounts transfers look really high definition!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by cybersoga, Dec 29, 2003.

1. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I just thought i'd mention that some of Paramounts Region 2 PAL DVD transfers look very high definition with a good film mode/weave deinterlacer on a progressive display, ones that look good in my collection include Trading Places, Beverly Hills Cop 3, Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade, Ferris Bueller's day off, Planes Trains & Automobiles, Waynes World, Star Trek III and probably others. I'm not saying that every Paramount disc looks good (most of the star trek's don't) but they seem to be fairly consistant.

The Two Towers stills holds the record for the highest definition looking transfer this year, closely followed by The Matrix Reloaded and Terminator 3. Other dvd's worth mentioning include Starship Troopers R1 superbit - looks very nice as do most superbits. Daredevil & The Bourne Identiy look great. Star Wars AOTC is pretty darn perfect.

The demo material on the PAL version of Digital Video Essensials looks very nice.