• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Some newbie advice please

JonoK

Standard Member
Evening all, after much research i am planning on taking the plunge and ordering myself an optoma HD600x tomorrow, its gonna be hooked upto a PS3 for gaming and movies, the question i have is based around the mounting height of the projector and room conditions, here are my measurements.

the room is 190 x 340 cm
i plan to have the lens at 300cm from the screen
for picture width im going for 180cm

The above figures have been put through the calculator and i think im correct with my picture size at that distance

My question is this, i was planning to have the PJ above my seating mounted from the ceiling, at what height am i going to have to put it though because i obviously dont wanna be banging my head on it.

Secondly im designing the room entirely as a 'cinema' so will be painting it to suit, there is a 180cm window on the wall opposite to the screen but that will have a blackout blind and curtains, what is the best colour to paint the room ? im not to keen on doing it black so is a matt grey suitable ??

Thanks

Jonny

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom