• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Some logs

mwncidur

Established Member
Inspired by Tobers log shots recently, I thought that when we went for a walk with the dogs today I would see if I could find some stacks. I only found 1 small pile so here they are. I'm quite pleased the way the shots have come out. All shot hand held with the nifty fifty. very little PP, just resize, unsharp mask and border added. oh yeah and converted to B&W. Let me know what you think. :)

2172109915_5c0e957eb1_o.jpg

2172105007_56f266bbd0_o.jpg

And here are some with the dogs

2172113365_8bb8391c45_o.jpg

2172897282_cd04f5d888_o.jpg

2172102127_8c3260d9b0_o.jpg

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
The two B&W log pics don't do much for me. Can logs really be made to look appealing?!
I like the photo with your dogs on them though. It looks like they are in their element. ;)
Lovely portraits too.

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
The log ones don;t do much for me either. I think they may have worked better if you'd got a little closer and filled the frame, rather than having some OOF background at the top.

The second dog shot is a corker though. Love the very limited DOF - great shot :smashin:

lloydy53

Established Member
I'd be tempted to chop a bit off the top of pic' 2. That kind of pic' is about texture, which the sawn end grain has loads of.

The second dog pic', the close up, is terrific. The eyes are perfectly focused, maybe a different apeture would have put the ears in sharper focus? But I'm nitpicking, tell me to .................go away! ;)

BAD Dave

Established Member
Mind if I join in?
I took this dizzying picture of a log pile last year.
If it wasn't so disturbing it would not be at all interesting!

Attachments

• 06-09 002.jpg
    06-09 002.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 46

Tobers

Prominent Member
Crikey - someone inspired by me! Amazing. I suggest you go for a closer crop on the logs and fiddle with the levels a bit to get a wider range of tones i.e. blacker blacks and lighter whites - they look a tad grey at the moment. Of course, it helps if you have a huge pile of logs rather than a little pile.

Nice dogs - look a bit like wolves initially.

bodoman

Distinguished Member
Well i was going to join in and take a log photo, but this little fellow nicked me log:laugh:

2175084068_87c497ec8f_o.jpg

Alun

Prominent Member
I love #3:thumbsup: they almost look like a wild pack. 'cept for the collars:D

off topic i know, but what variety are the dogs?

(PMSL @ Bodo)

Cheers

Alun

mwncidur

Established Member
The 2 standing nearest the edge of the pile are lurchers and the furthest is a welsh collie.:)

thanks all for your comments. :smashin:

bodoman, you need a shotgun :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom