1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some light relief....

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Jan 30, 2001.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Try the all-new Woolworths 100w light bulb! Har har! :)

Not really! Joking aside, what do you all think of this: What would be, in your humble opinion, the worst DVD release ever?! I'm not thinking in terms of print or sound quality, or extras, but in actual/semi-actual film or TV titles. What film would you wish that would NEVER EVER see the light of day on DVD, in any region? I propose the following:

1) A double-disc, THX-mastered, Dolby DTS 6.1 version of the god-awful Dinsey movie "Condorman" with Michael Crawford as the titular hero, complete with 90-minute "Behind-The-Scenes" documentary!

2) A complete DVD release of Neighbours, coupled with music-videos from all stars past and present, who have ever tried releasing a pop-song! Release would include subtitles in Israeli, Esperanto, and Swahili for added non-comic-effect, plus on-screen song lyrics!

3) The Top 100 Muzak Tunes: own 100 of the most irritating and suicidal tunes of elevator/lift music, complete with specially-compiled video of 90 minutes of people getting in and out of the said elevator. Includes added extra of soundtrack of people talking, but played at such a level that you can't quite hear what they are saying, no matter how loud you set your TV/Projector and/or Amps!

And, finally:-
    4) Rene And Renata: the 2001 Comeback Tour Special

Okay, that's my list, but what's yours?!

Pooch

P.S. I can see this thread, going on... and on... and on...

[This message has been edited by PoochJD (edited 30-01-2001).]

2. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    How about another feature-filled, extra laden Super Duper Directors Cut Ltd Edition of Armageddon. That would do it for me.

3. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    [​IMG] Me too mate [​IMG]

------------------
    Tee

http://www.electronicreality.co.uk

4. Dave H

Dave H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Yeah in DTS too!

------------------
    And the monkey flips the switch.

5. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the worst dvd release has already been released and will proberly never be surpassed, the region 1 release of " SUPERGIRL" - SPECIAL EDITION, i can't think of a more pointless release. Don't be afraid to put your hand up if any of the members reading this actually own a copy. Everyones to their own.

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Mark,

No one seems to like Supergirl, and I don't really know why. I know it's not the greatest film ever, nor is it really a film that can be genuinely called "good", but it's not bad!

Having said that, I may be a bit biased seeing as I had a crush on Helen Slater many years ago, and really liked her in both "Supergirl" and "The Secret Of My Success" with Michael J Fox (1986 or 87 I think)!

Pooch

7. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,495
    I have supergirl and condorman on dvd,they might not be the best movies ever but they bring back good memories of going to see them in the local cinema all those years ago................

------------------
    http://iamadvdaddict.homestead.com/dvdlist.html

8. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i know what you mean, when your young your memories of the cinema seem to stick in your mind. The first film i saw at the cinema was "THE GOONIES", And although not being one of speilbergs/donners finest films it has a special place in my heart, ( i'll certinaly buy it when released on dvd) I'm not really qualified to critise "supergirl", as i've only seen the tv versions, so i apoligise for for my views, but i see where your comming from, theres nothing better than being taken back to your youth.
    Mark
    P.S this message is for "MR FURIOUS", I've visited your web site and i see you have the following titles,
    1) LOST BOYS, what is the transfer like on this disk, Any good?, i love the film, but i was hoping they would release a "special edition", is it worth buying, Reg 1 OR 2.
    &
    2)DUSK TILL DAWN, (REG 1) ANY GOOD? Again, fantastic film, is it worth going for the Reg1 SPECIAL ED or the box standard Reg 2 with no extras what so ever?

look foward to any replys from anyone on these 2 DISKS.

9. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AS FOR HELAN SLATER........very nice, she was also very good in city slickers, (another film i would like which is not on dvd yet)
    mark p

10. The Taskmaster

The Taskmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Helen Slater was also in 12:01, a brilliant take on Groundhog Day. Also starred Martin Landau as a bad guy.

------------------
    The inspiration NOT the imitation
    The Mighty TM - the LEGEND lives on...

11. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Mark P, that From Dusk Till Dawn 2-disc special edition is superb mate, I bought it even though I had the R2 version. Read my review for more info, but I advise you to purchase it straight away, the extras are really good; there's a 90 minute doc, deleted scenes, an absolute cracker of a commentary and loads more - it's class.

------------------
    Tee

http://www.electronicreality.co.uk

12. Digikid

Digikid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i've seen the worst DVD ever released and its.......MISSION TO MARS what a waste of space!! A friend of mine loved said it gave us answers to the existance of mankind....he's now receiving treatment!!

13. DaveG

DaveG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    How about Star Wars - full screen version
    - TV trailers
    followed by Empire Strikes Back, two months later, with the same limited extras. And then two months later Empire Strikes Back (same extras.
    And then six months later The Star Wars Triology directors cut with directors commentary, deleted scenes, animated menus.
    And the six months later Star Wars special edition.
    And then six months latter "Star Wars Oh yes we just found this three seconds of never before seen ultimate rip off we can keep this up for years edition"

Or a really sh*te film called The switch blade sisters. (A bit like prisoner cell block H, only with crap actors and lousy scenary)

14. desade

desade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I liked Switchblade Sisters...
    I think you might have got it spot on with the release schedule for Star Wars, though....

15. DaveG

DaveG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Bloody hell des I can't believe you've heard of The Switchblade Sisters let alone seen it. I saw it nearly 20 years ago, when I rented it, after the girl in the shop recommended it to me, and I thought it was so bad that the memory of it still haunts me now.

Still, one mans meat.. etc