Some iPhone questions

Moomz

Novice Member
I have a 3GS and have 6 months left on the contract with O2. Mrs Moomz's contract has just run out with Orange.

I want an iPhone 4 and Mrs Moomz wants my 3GS. Is there anyway of Mrs Moomz seeing out my contract (on her number) and me getting an iPhone 4 on O2 (with my current number)? Neither of us want to change numbers!

Also, I have invested a lot of money into apps on my phone. Would I be able to have them on both phones??

jerryjal

Sharing the apps shouldn't be a problem, not sure however how you are going to be able to swap the numbers around. You may be better off letting the Mrs upgrade to the ip4 and then wait to see if you can jailbreak/unlock it so you can use your sim in it.

Don't forget you need a micro sim for the ip4.

Also remember that O2 will allow you to upgrade early to the ip4 for £120, that maybe an option then you can both have the ip4 and sell the 3GS.

Last edited:

highpriest

I have a 3GS and have 6 months left on the contract with O2. Mrs Moomz's contract has just run out with Orange.

I want an iPhone 4 and Mrs Moomz wants my 3GS. Is there anyway of Mrs Moomz seeing out my contract (on her number) and me getting an iPhone 4 on O2 (with my current number)? Neither of us want to change numbers!

She can switch to O2 from Orange, port her number over and sign up to a brand new 18/24 month contract and get the iPhone 4. Then just swap handsets with her (if she will give it to you, that is :)). You continue with your existing contract and not change a thing. Simples :D

Also, I have invested a lot of money into apps on my phone. Would I be able to have them on both phones??

Apps are linked to your iTunes account and not to a particular phone or carrier so yes, you should be able to use them all on both your iPhones.

Cheers
HighPriest

Moomz

Novice Member
She can switch to O2 from Orange, port her number over and sign up to a brand new 18/24 month contract and get the iPhone 4. Then just swap handsets with her (if she will give it to you, that is :)). You continue with your existing contract and not change a thing. Simples :D
The only problem being the microsim. Any way round this?

highpriest

The only problem being the microsim. Any way round this?

I believe you can order one for free (apparently they mail you one if you register your interest for the new iPhone online) or pick one up from any O2 store, again for free. A call to O2 should painlessly transfer your number onto the new micro SIM.

Cheers
HighPriest

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom