1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some information on Tannoy Saturn S6C please.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by JIT, Aug 20, 2002.

1. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I e-mailed Tannoy about a centre speaker to match my 609s and was reccommended getting a Saturn S6C to match my fronts.
    Does anyone have this speaker?
    How does it compare to the 623 centre which would match my 609s but are no longer available?

2. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    From memory the 609's are a 2 way standmount model with 8" woofer and separate (rather than dual concentric) tweeter?
    I think that both speakers use the same 6" dual-concentric drivers, but with different cabinets. The Saturn is a ported design that has a stronger bass response than the 623. Having said that, the older trapezoidal Tannoys, like the Profile range, were always better to my ears. In either case, the difference in character between your fronts and either centre will be greater than that between the two centres. Tannoy have recommended the only speaker in their current line-up that most closely approximates your fronts. So I suppose that the Saturn is the only choice if you keep the 609's

By the way, there is an E-Bay auction for the 623 here should you be interested.

Russell

3. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The 609s are actually dual concentric, ported and look exactly like the 623 on E-Bay buy £80(+ postage) is a bit much for a 9/10 year old speaker when i can get a Saturn S6C for £130.

4. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Guess my memory isn't as good as it used to be :)

Russell