1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some help with Powerstrip and ATI Catalyst please

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Slinkoff, May 13, 2005.

1. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I'm currently outputting from my Radeon 9600SE card via the DVI-Component dongle to a Panasonic 36" 100Hz CRT Television. (I can't use VGA because the card is in a smallfrom case and only has the DVI output, hence the dongle).

I'd like some help with Powerstrip/Catalyst if anyone can please. I've currently got a nicely fitted desktop display but at the ludicrously low res of 600x430. MC looks OK too but again it's all a bit low res so everything is a bit large.

Is there anyway I can improve this?

I'm not sure I understand what's going on when I use Powerstrip. I set a resolution in Catalyst that is slightly overscanned when applied. I then go into Powerstip and straight into custom resolution designer, drag the rectangle to the screen area and hit add new resolution. It asks me to reboot which I do but then what? How do I change to using the custom resolution? It's not listed as a resolution in the Display properties slider bar or in Catalyst so how do I use it?

When I choose higher resolutions like 1080i my TV displays it but it's ridiculously overscanned so that I can only see a portion of the desktop. Does this mean that my TV isn't actually able to make use of this res even though the picture is stable?

Do I have to choose a res that's as close to my desktop as possible and then adjust with Powerstrip somehow rather than making use of these higher stable resolutions?

Thanks
    Slink