Some help trying to display a game on a second screen?

JonnyTester

I am trying to get Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga running on my 4k tv, which is connected to my pc as an extended desktop. I've hit a wall, because the game only wants to run on my 1080p monitor, and it locks out the mouse and keyboard when it starts up. So I can't just run it windowed and drag it over to the extended screen.

There is a configuration file which can be manually edited for the screen resolution, windowed, borderless etc. And although I can set the resolution, the game then gets split across both screens. Which is less than ideal.

So if maybe someone could help me out a bit, these seem to be the screen options in the configuration file which need changing:

ScreenWidth 1920
ScreenHeight 1080
WindowWidth 3840
WindowHeight 2160
WindowLeft 2
WindowTop 0
HDREnabled 1
Windowed 0
FullscreenMonitorIndex 0
BorderlessWindow 0
FullscreenWindow 0
ScreenRefreshRate 60
VerticalSyncMode 4
AspectRatio 3

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Set the TV as the primary display in the GPU settings.
nvidia control panel > set up multiple display > set the tv to "primary"

not sure the steps for AMD but im sure it will be along the same lines.

JonnyTester

Set the TV as the primary display in the GPU settings.
nvidia control panel > set up multiple display > set the tv to "primary"

not sure the steps for AMD but im sure it will be along the same lines.
Thanks. I'll give that a go.

WildeKarde

Distinguished Member
Game options sometimes specify the monitor being used so they may let you move it to 2nd screen

WildeKarde

Distinguished Member
Yeah, that's what the "FullscreenMonitorIndex" line is for.
I was talking about option screen in game rather than config file ... quite often say something like monitor 1 in that under video

JonnyTester

I was talking about option screen in game rather than config file ... quite often say something like monitor 1 in that under video
Yes, but when I specify monitor 2, it switches back to the main display, which is monitor 1. The in-game settings update the config file.

next010

Distinguished Member
Yes, but when I specify monitor 2, it switches back to the main display, which is monitor 1. The in-game settings update the config file.
Try setting the config file as read only so the game cannot edit the file.

The lego games have a tendency to force 60hz output, if both displays are not matching, give it a try keeping both at 60Hz.

Displayfusion can unlock mouse in mutli-display setups but that costs money to buy.

Solar

Try holding windows key+shift then press left or right arrow to move the game to the next monitor.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom