• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

some help please

tasos82

Novice Member
hi guys i just bought a yamaha receiver rx-v375 and i have a 5.1 samsung ps-wtxq120 and i use them together are they goood match?also i found a deal for eltax experience 5.0 and i am thinking if they are better.the samsung is hitb system and is 3ohms and the eltax are 4-8ohms i dont know whats that mean.i want to crank up the volume a lot for movies and videogames and i want to know if i should stay with the samsung or buy the eltax.i know there a lot better speakers to buy but i dont have the money.thanks in advance

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
3 ohms speakers are not going to be good for a modern AV Receiver. That impedance is far too low. Better to get some more reasonable speakers in the 6 ohm to 8 ohm range.

Steve/bluewizard

PSM1

Distinguished Member
You should not be using the Samsung speakers with the Yamaha receiver as they can cause damage to it especially if you crank up the volume due to the higher load they will impose on the amp. Also is the Samsung sub passive or active? If it is passive then that can not be used with an AVR either.

tasos82

Novice Member
hi guys thank for your answers i have bought the eltax experience 5 pack and a pioneer active subwoofer pioneer s 21w they work ok but i have to crank the volume too much too sound good do i need better receiver?or better speakers?

tasos82

Novice Member
What do you mean by cranking it up too much? Is it sounding strained or bad?
i mean i have to turn volume too high to sound loud and my ps4 sounds very low compared to my media player when i watch movies.my speakers are 86db is this low?if i buy other speakers with 90plus db will sound better and louder?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Is the issue variable sound between sources? Or you feel the volume is turned too high? Or it us sounding bad? If the second one then do not worry what the dial says as long as it sounds ok. The sensitivity of the speakers is not great but not that bad either.

tasos82

Novice Member
Is the issue variable sound between sources? Or you feel the volume is turned too high? Or it us sounding bad? If the second one then do not worry what the dial says as long as it sounds ok. The sensitivity of the speakers is not great but not that bad either.
it sounds good i just worry because i have to turn my receivers volume very loud to sound as i like

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom