1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some help please with picture quality on a RPTV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dealstokie, Jun 3, 2005.

1. dealstokie

dealstokie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi there,
    I have a Toshiba RPTV, just bought it second hand, could I please have some help with the picture settings.

Im also a newbie to RPTV

I dont think there is much of a problem with convergance ( I think )
    Here is a list of what is connect to the tv and how :

Old Pace Ondigital box ( using for top up tv ) connected via Gold Jvc ribbon scart cable.

CheapAccustic solutions DVD player connected via Gold Jvc ribbon scart cable.

PS2 via standard 3rca + scart block

Gamecube via 3rca

____First of all, would I be better of using better scart leads ( lower end of ixos ? )____

Now for the picture quality.
    Nothing ( i think ) is RGB

( 1 ) Everything seems to suffer slightly when very bright colours are used ( ie, menues, white colours, sky spot news ect ) The white colours seem tosuffer the worst, It seems to 'bleed' past the area's its suppose to be ( ie menu's the letters are white, but the white appears the 'smudge the letters ? )

(2) Sharness does not seem to be to good when looking at background pictures , but is great close range.

(3) I cant seem to get the contrast/brightness right its either to dark or to light.

(4) I dont seem to get as good a picture from the Digibox compared to the rest of the items connected, Is this because of the digibox being old?

I think thats about right, these problems are not to bad really, but just seeing If I can improve them.

I hope it all makes sense to you all.

:lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease:

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Maybe someone with this particular model can be more specific, but from your description, that sounds not too bad for an RPTV.

Don't try to compare it with a CRT TV or you'll be disappointed. :lesson:

See what RP's look like in a local dealers, but remember yours is secondhand with (probably) worn tubes.

Good luck. :)

3. dealstokie

dealstokie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Nice One M8.