Some help on what I can do in my room

Nik555

Hi Guys,

I have attached a photo of my room and a badly drawn sketch!

What I was wondering, is what can be achieved with the room as it quite bare with no pictures on the walls, but with 12mm underlay and thick carpet and standard blinds on the window behind the sofa.

Also I was thinking of placing some home made absorbers or diffusers at the first and second reflection points, but as you can see from the pics, I could place one next to the front right speaker in the alcove, but on the other side is a glass paned door. Also the second reflection point I could put it on the left hand wall but on the opposite side is a open gas fire!

So can anyone give me some suggestion please.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/members-home-cinema-gallery/473718-nik555s-room-updated-bottom-page-1-a.html

Thanks very much, Nik

Attachments

Nik555

Anyone? :(

DodgeTheViper

You may want to say exactly what it is that you want to achieve ;)

Nik555

You may want to say exactly what it is that you want to achieve ;)
Thing is I dont know exactly! There is some echo and I know the room can sound better, but dont know the right way of going about it.

Cheers Nik

DodgeTheViper

Ah, there you go, you've just said exactly what the problem is, the echoing.

There's nothing particulary extra in my room apart from the usual curtains, and a few frames on the wall, and it's got a wooden floor with a rug on it.

Try and hang a rug or two (or something similar) on the wall to see if it does make any difference, to try and break those waves up.

Nik555

Ah, there you go, you've just said exactly what the problem is, the echoing.

There's nothing particulary extra in my room apart from the usual curtains, and a few frames on the wall, and it's got a wooden floor with a rug on it.

Try and hang a rug or two (or something similar) on the wall to see if it does make any difference, to try and break those waves up.
Hi, thanks for the advise,

The misses wouldn't have a rug on the wall, but she wouldn't mind wall coloured frames. As you can see from the pics, I could only put one frame at the first reflection point and again only one at the second, is it worth doing that or should I put some on the ceiling, if so where?

Thanks again Nik

DodgeTheViper

The rug suggestion was only to see if it does make any difference, it wasn't meant as a permanent thing. It was just an idea before you go ahead with something permanent and then find it makes no difference.

You have a lot of scatter cushions there, can you do anything with a few of those, just as an experiment, nothing permanent ;)

My room is open plan into a dining room but i once removed two doors from upstairs to block off the opening to see if it made any difference to the bass response. It didn't btw :D

Nik555

The rug suggestion was only to see if it does make any difference, it wasn't meant as a permanent thing. It was just an idea before you go ahead with something permanent and then find it makes no difference.

You have a lot of scatter cushions there, can you do anything with a few of those, just as an experiment, nothing permanent ;)

My room is open plan into a dining room but i once removed two doors from upstairs to block off the opening to see if it made any difference to the bass response. It didn't btw :D
Sorry I see what you mean now! I have tried the scatter cushions built up each side at the 1st reflection point and it did make a positive difference.

Nik

DodgeTheViper

Sounds like you've answered your own query :smashin:

Experimentation is a good 'and bad' thing ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom