some help on choosing a plasma for a friend

trent steel

Hi People,
I was hoping some of you guys could help a friend of mine?
The guy wants a 50” plasma HD ready for around the £1500 mark
He does not have any separates so requires a TV tuner and plasma with speakers. Here’s what I can’t get my head round, he will be watching SD free view from a NTL box and would be hooking up via Scart
So does any one know of a half descent 50” that shows good pictures via scart from an SD source? I might be able to get him to shell out some money fpr a Scart to vga or scart to component converter for better picture, I was thinking of one of the Panasonic range

Thanks

Andy

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
Yeah you won't get much of a better SCART 50" picture than a PX70. How far will he be sitting? Some NTL SD stuff can look brutally artefact laden at 42" +

mseabroo

I would second the recommendation for TH50-PX70, the demo I saw was extremely good. Although I'll post a few more opinions once mine turns up this afternoon and its setup at home rather than in a showroom.

It should also fall well within the £1500 budget, I picked mine up for £1348 including the pedestal stand but its about the same price with a wall bracket.

Take a look at the 50PX70 ownersthread for more opinions

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom