Some help choosing LCD TV

matt bellamy

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi,

my brothers moving out and needs to buy a TV. He's asked for my help choosing and, although I'm pretty up-to-speed on plasma, I think a LCD would best match his needs.

I own a 42 panasonic PW7 plasma and would have recommend it to anyone, but since I bought it things have moved on (XBox 360, SKYHD announced and blue-ray/HD-DVD on the horizon) so it makes sense for him to invest in a HD screen.

So, what I think he needs is:

- 28 to 32 inch screen
- HDMI or DVI
- RGB scart (or 2)
- component

He has about £800 (could stretch a little further) to spend and would like an good picture for freeview and DVD's. Sound isn't too important as he'll probably get a surround sound system.

Thanks for your help:)

Samsung LE32R41B or BD (if he wants integrated Freeview tuner).
I honestly don't think you will buy better for the budget you have.
I have one, and played through my surround system it sounds great (although standard speakers are not too bad anyway)..
Freeview is great (even with my crappy reception) and DVD via component is superb.
A few owners have had "dodgy" sets, but overall it is still a great panel. One of the biggest sellers in the country (if not THE biggest seller).

Rob

Samsung LE32R41BD. Good Freeview, good DVD (through component leads and with latest firmware), good PC connection.

Get one from John Lewis if you can. They price matched at £850 for me (with Crampton and Moore) and they replaced the first two that they delivered that were faulty (first had 3 stuck pixels, second had VGA port that didn't work). In each case they delivered a new one and picked up the faulty one in the same visit, so I was never without a telly. Top customer service! :clap:

My third and current Sammy is faultless in every respect although I haven't tried a hi-def source through HDMI yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom