Some Help and advice needed on installation

Skhm

Standard Member
Looking for some advice on what I,m trying to achieve, not sure if this is the right forum but here goes,

I have two rooms with TVs installed.

Room A has the following
65" Sony 4K TV
Blue Ray
Sky Q HDR main box - Ethernet connected

Room B has
75" Sony Z9j Ethernet connected
Sky Q Mini - Sky WIFI to the Main box.

My issue.
SKY Q main box is HDR/2160p/10 bit
Sky Mini is HD only.

I want to split the Sky Main box HDMI into two, Feed one locally to the 65" TV, and the other, via HDMI over Ethernet to an AVR in Room B. (Possibly Denon 2700 )

The AVR in room B will have the Sky Mini feed and the Room A HDMI feed into it, and in turn will feed the 75" TV with 4k/120 or 8k content.

=============================================================================

SO, is this the way to go? Will the HDMI splitter and HDMI over ethernet be able to cope with the HDR/2160p signal ? Any recommendations on suitable boxes?

Or a better way to get the most out of the HDR from Sky and the TVs?

I'm not able to swap the Mini and Main box around without drilling holes and running coax to my dish. And I cannot run an HDMI cable between the rooms because of distance and no available path.
Room sizes dictate that the screens remain in the rooms ie cannot swap the TVs around either.

Any suggestions, advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Yorkshire AV

AVForums Sponsor
Hi

You can get 4K with 10bit colour depth over CAT6 up to certain lengths.

For example the Pulse Eight Neo4 Pro offers you a HDMI matrix with ethernet output and retain CEC control if used etc. You'll get 4K up to 60m with this system.

This kit includes 4 HDMI receivers so may be too much but they work incredibly well. I've been helping a customer with some cheaper Amazon units recently which has been nothing but a headache for him/me.

Alternatively you could get a HDMI splitter:

And then a long reach optical HDMI cable:

Skhm

Standard Member
Thanks Yorkshire AV.
A bit pricey but it tells me its possible. I just have to consider the costs and if there is another way to achieve what I,m trying to do.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom