• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Some great Dutch HD-DVDs at low prices.

Prufrock

Established Member
Just picked up the following from nl.bol.com for €9.99 each plus shipping. (I paid €2.05 per film for shipping)

Running Scared
Flyboys
Lord Of War
Tristan & Isolde
Home Of The Brave
Rescue Dawn
Reservoir Dogs

Also available:

Saw 3
Underworld
Messengers
First Blood
First Blood 2
3 Days of the Condor

http://www.nl.bol.com/is-bin/INTERS...late=MiniSites/mini_hddvd&SortBy=bolprice|asc

Take a look through the site and see what you can find. Worked out £9.50 per disc for me with shipping.

TechyObsessed

Established Member
Two things:

They will cancel your order if you order more than 4 dvds. They've got a rule for any country outside of Holland.

Secondly they charge 15 euro's shipping to the UK if you order 1 or 4.

Prufrock

Established Member
Two things:

They will cancel your order if you order more than 4 dvds. They've got a rule for any country outside of Holland.

Secondly they charge 15 euro's shipping to the UK if you order 1 or 4.

Actually, the shipping isn't €15 - my shipping on 7 discs was €14.35. No cancellation here, either.

TechyObsessed

Established Member
Actually, the shipping isn't €15 - my shipping on 7 discs was €14.35. No cancellation here, either.

Trust me. I ordered all of them several times and they don't tell you why they cancel it when they do.

Only found this out after the second cancelled order and e-mailed them to ask why.

Only bought 4 titles that I really wanted.

Prufrock

Established Member
Trust me. I ordered all of them several times and they don't tell you why they cancel it when they do.

Only found this out after the second cancelled order and e-mailed them to ask why.

Only bought 4 titles that I really wanted.

Yep, you're right..they haven't cancelled yet, but they have just informed me that they have a 4 disc limit on overseas orders and that my order will be cancelled within a couple of days. Not to worry, though, as I've just spoken to Azur.be and sent them screen grabs of bol's price drop...they're considering dropping their prices to match Bol's. Good thing about Azur is the €2.00 shipping rate for one film, plus 30c extra per extra film you order at the time. That really keeps shipping costs down, and they don't have a limit on how many you can order.

My Azur.be order arrived this morning, too.

michael.redfern

Established Member
Good work man, keep us updated on any response from them! :thumbsup:

muddyfox470

Established Member
Yep, you're right..they haven't cancelled yet, but they have just informed me that they have a 4 disc limit on overseas orders and that my order will be cancelled within a couple of days. Not to worry, though, as I've just spoken to Azur.be and sent them screen grabs of bol's price drop...they're considering dropping their prices to match Bol's. Good thing about Azur is the €2.00 shipping rate for one film, plus 30c extra per extra film you order at the time. That really keeps shipping costs down, and they don't have a limit on how many you can order.

How did you get them to price match?

TechyObsessed

Established Member

Excellent. Let me know how you get on as there are a few that I would still wouldn't mind buying that I didn't with Bol.com.

:thumbsup:

Prufrock

Established Member
How did you get them to price match?

They haven't price matched for me...they're considering dropping the prices on their website to match Bol. That means the titles on Bol for €9.99 might also drop to €9.99 on Azur.be soon. They're going to let me know if/when it happens. They've just kindly sent me a coupon for €2.50 off for letting know about bol's price drop, too. :D

I love dealing with Azur...they have a customer helpline using a normal number, so only costs me 3p a minute to speak to them if I need help with anything. They speak English and they are really helpful.

bradavon78

Prominent Member
Thanks OP. These guys maybe cheaper: http://www.mediadis.com/

A word of warning for Lord of War (it's cropped) and 3 Days of Condor (it has Forced subs).

BOL Holland have good customer services. I've used them twice to source a Dutch album not available here.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom