Some good news on Blu Ray Audio

I've read some rumours that Steve Wilson may be releasing the Tears for Fears album "Seeds of Love" before the end of the year. If true, I'm well chuffed as its probably my favourite album of all time. However, if the rumours are indeed true, I'd have thought the release would certainly have been officially announced by now. His remix of "Songs from the Big Chair" is superb, and its the receiving of that particular album is April this year that has sent me on a backwards journey through his back catalogue on BD-A and DVD-A!
Have you got his Facebook page on 'follow'? If so that usually gives updates on new releases slightly earlier than his website. It's also good for Wilson's own comments, such as his update on the Yes - Fragile release yesterday. He wasn't happy that it was called a 'remaster' by the Yes website, when, as he quite correctly pointed out, it isn't. It's a combination of remixes and flat transfers. Yes, there is some tweaking with any transfer, but it's not a full blown Remaster. Re-mixes, as discussed on the SACD/DVD-A thread are not Remasters. They are a whole different beast.

You'll probably find that, like the Gentle Giant - Octopus re-mix, 'Seeds of Love' slips under the radar, as although it's the only Tears for Fears album I like 100% (the others are too inconsistent for me), it's not seen by the biz as a 'Classic'.

Have you got his Facebook page on 'follow'? If so that usually gives updates on new releases slightly earlier than his website. It's also good for Wilson's own comments, such as his update on the Yes - Fragile release yesterday. He wasn't happy that it was called a 'remaster' by the Yes website, when, as he quite correctly pointed out, it isn't. It's a combination of remixes and flat transfers. Yes, there is some tweaking with any transfer, but it's not a full blown Remaster. Re-mixes, as discussed on the SACD/DVD-A thread are not Remasters. They are a whole different beast.

You'll probably find that, like the Gentle Giant - Octopus re-mix, 'Seeds of Love' slips under the radar, as although it's the only Tears for Fears album I like 100% (the others are too inconsistent for me), it's not seen by the biz as a 'Classic'.
Thanks I'll have a look for him. I also follow him on Twitter.
Got ya on the remix/remaster thing. SFTBC is most definitely a remix, I noticed the changes immediately. Tears for Fears are my favourite band ever, so I know their music pretty well! At first on listening to SFTBC, my heart kinda sank, on hearing the changes. But the remix has grown on me something shocking. It's a stunning 5.1 mix.

For those that don't yet have Tom Petty's "Hypnotic Eye", do yourself a favour & get it on BDA.
Wonderful sound & album. The BDA release of "Damn The Torpedoes" is excellent also.

For those that don't yet have Tom Petty's "Hypnotic Eye", do yourself a favour & get it on BDA.
Wonderful sound & album. The BDA release of "Damn The Torpedoes" is excellent also.
I have damn the torpedoes on BDA, it is excellent and pulsating 5.1 through my Panasonic tall boy speakers

Anyone like roger waters the wall on blu Ray live? Amazing in Dolby atmos

Looking forward to the day when pink floyd gets released on Blu Ray Audio. If it happens [emoji2]

Looking forward to the day when pink floyd gets released on Blu Ray Audio. If it happens [emoji2]
Would love The Wall remixed in 5.1. Heck, I'd probably settle for the Alan Parker film on Blu-ray...

Absolutely, I was hoping wish you were here or dark side

I have both of those on 5.1 SACD. Could pick up DSOTM on Amazon for about £4. I'd highly recommend them, quite exceptional [emoji3]
Wonderful thanks my friend, I will be sure to check these out

Absolutely, I was hoping wish you were here or dark side
I have both these on blu ray audio, mind they were part of the Immersion box sets. They sound superb:)

I just got the BR of the new Coldplay album. I'm not really a fan but I couldn't resist a 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio. I've given it one listen so far and sounds very nice.

Oddly no mention of it being a BDA.

A Head Full Of Dreams (5.1 Surround Mix) A Head Full Of Dreams (5.1 Surround Mix): Amazon.co.uk: Music

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I have both these on blu ray audio, mind they were part of the Immersion box sets. They sound superb:)
Not a big fan of Coldplay, but still nice to hear of a modern album being released in 5.1!

Yes there should be more. In regards to pink floyd I could not find the blu ray audio version anywhere

Yes there should be more. In regards to pink floyd I could not find the blu ray audio version anywhere
It's part of the Immersion box sets they released a couple of years ago. They were never released as a stand alone album on BRA, they are however available on SACD and have 5.1 mixes:)

I bought Coldplay last now that it had come back to a sensible price. Only listen to it once so far but it's very detailed and various channels are used to good effect. I hope more artists take up this option

I think it's a real shame that there's very little new music available in high-resolution. Whether it be stereo or surround sound.

I'm sure fans would buy into purchasing disc's, especially limited print runs...

I just got the BR of the new Coldplay album. I'm not really a fan but I couldn't resist a 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio. I've given it one listen so far and sounds very nice.

Oddly no mention of it being a BDA.

A Head Full Of Dreams (5.1 Surround Mix) A Head Full Of Dreams (5.1 Surround Mix): Amazon.co.uk: Music

Had another listen to ...Dreams. Actually took a liking to some of the songs this time. So I've jumped on this release. Thanks for the recommendation.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Just received the BR of the MTV Unplugged Placebo gig. I'm getting into a lot of unplugged acoustic stuff at the moment :D

The gig is quite dull visually but the audio is wonderful in DTS HD Master Audio 5.0.

Wonder if I can find the Nirvana Unplugged too...I love that on CD.

Nirvana unplugged only available on DVD unfortunately - but definitely worth getting still

Have just bought:
Bob Marley, Legend - nice package but my favourite track , "No Woman,No Cry" is the studio version - doh
Lynyrd Skynyrd Southern Surroundings- Simple Man sounds brilliant. Freebird took me a few listens to get used to it, if that makes sense!!
The Doors R Evolution (BDV) the whole package is superb and a nice addition to the Best of quad.
Tempted by the album box set now or wait until it gets released on BDA

Have just bought:
Bob Marley, Legend - nice package but my favourite track , "No Woman,No Cry" is the studio version - doh
Which version of this disc did you get? The 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition offers superior mixes. Plus a CD which contains the 'live' version of 'No Woman, No Cry' ;)

Which version of this disc did you get? The 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition offers superior mixes. Plus a CD which contains the 'live' version of 'No Woman, No Cry' ;)
The 30th edition, the live version isn't mixed in 5.1 though ( which is what I wanted)and not on the blu ray:(...my fault, should've checked. Still good though:)

Legend was delivered this morning, been putting off buying it for far too long. Will spin it later.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom