Some further info on Sky HD

Initially to ensure that boxes and setups are working well Sky’s HD box will only be sold with installation but down the road that might change.

Looks like we cant just pick the box up and plug it in, instead weve go tto have one of their highly trained and skilled engineers come and do it for us :rolleyes:

Unsurprisingly, there are still no details of price, availability, nor the size of the disk – though it has been set!

Is he saying that the price, avalability and disk size have all been decided on or just the disk size, if its the price and avalability it may lend some credence to soem of the pricing rumors floating around.

Andy

Ahhh guess my 2nd quote had already been mentioned :), i should realy read what others post :)

Attu said:
Is he saying that the price, avalability and disk size have all been decided on or just the disk size, if its the price and avalability it may lend some credence to soem of the pricing rumors floating around.

Andy
Well I read that to be all three.

"Unsurprisingly, there are still no details of price, availability, nor the size of the disk – though it has been set!"

If it was all three, the sentence would have read "they have been set", this is refering to the disk size being set.

Besides, disk size has to be pretty much booked months in advance whereas availability and pricing can be changed up to the last minute.

Price rumours are not even that, they are pure speculation by people posting on boards such as this. They may turn out to be accurate, they may turn out to be off the mark, but they are not statements from BSkyB who in their own words are "controlling the marketing".

StooMonster

Glad someone else understands the Queen's English! I agree, the logic is inescapable as well as the language.

MAW said:
Glad someone else understands the Queen's English! I agree, the logic is inescapable as well as the language.
The quote is "details of price, availability...etc", ie, a single set of details, "it has been set" is correct grammar referring to a single set of details. I understand the Queens English very well :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom