Some f%*|<s just dinted my van ..arrrrrgh

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by signs, Aug 30, 2013.

1. signs

signs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,316
    On a road trip with the family , just about done 1k around Cornwall and Dorset , get to Brighton and some turd has " done" my side door in a car park :mad:

Just venting .

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. gangzoom

gangzoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,027
    I've given up counting the number of dents in my car door, happens to everyone....just remeber its only a car, lots of more important things in life to worry about :smashin:

3. signs

signs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,316
    It's a 32k car door ! , but thanks , makes me feel much better :smashin:

4. Craig uk

Craig uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +962
    Nothing more infuriating than finding this has happened. If I were to catch someone doing this to either of my cars I would not be able to control my actions.:mad:

I take every precaution to minimalist the chances.

5. FishDUDE

FishDUDE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +486
    What car do you have that a door cost £32K? :)

6. signs

signs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,316
    Yeah , thought that as soon as I posted it , but thought I can't be arsed to change it , i wonder who will pick me up on it ? .....You win :thumbsup:

7. =adrian=

=adrian=
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,371
    This one maybe?

I know the feeling, me previous car has been badly damaged (really bad dent, some **** must have done it on purpose) by a shopping trolley some time ago. Nowadays I park as far as possible, or take my son with me and use the parent spaces.

8. FishDUDE

FishDUDE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +486
    WoooooHoooo :clap::clap::thumbsup: I win,

I had to say it 'cos nobody else did. Still not a good thing to happen. (your car getting a bash)

9. FishDUDE

FishDUDE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +486
    I love the Viano but I doubt even the super high speck lux pac one would have a £32k door, still most excellent to drive (the standard V6 version anyway)

10. swiftpete

swiftpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,272
    This is really frustrating. I parked my car at Asda once and when I got back somebody had scratched TAWT in the door. I assume they were trying to spell a different word but were too thick to get the letters in the right order. No idea why it happened, but somebody was probably bitter and twisted about their small peen and terribly unhappy life.

11. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,533
    Hence why i always park as far away as possible, even if it means an extra few mins walk.

Some people laugh at me for doing it as my car might be 9 years old with 127k miles on the clock, but that doesn't mean it has to look like a banger!

12. signs

signs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,316
    What makes it worse is I had to pay £30 to park for the night and I'm 99% sure that's where it was done :(

13. eob

eob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    This^
    Is another reason why society sucks!
    At the other end of the scale are the wanks who take up two spaces or park in disabled/ parent and child spaces to avoid car park rash.

Me. I try and park on an end whenever I can. At least that way I've halved my chances of a ding.
    Or take the venga bus. It's covered in scratches and dings anyway. Mostly put there by my own kids.

Around 10 years ago, I got my first brand new car. It was just out the wrapper and we were on our way back from the dealer when we nipped into the supermarket. This was the days before I bothered about such things and parked in a normal bay.
    When I got baCk, I spotted it straight away, a crease right at the top of the drivers side front wheel arch. Complete with blue paint from the culprit car sitting next to mine.
    I was fuming but the wife wouldn't let me wait so I left a note asking politely for them to call me.
    Later that night, I gets a call from the scumbag involved, snorting down the phone, asking why I had left a note, it wisnae' her, she wasn't even at Sainsburys the day!
    I pointed out that her argument was invalid, otherwise why wold she have my number!!! Moron.
    Anyway, it turned out that the car was a courtesy car from, get this, an accident repair firm, and it became too difficult to persue damages, so I just dropped it.
    Because of where it was, it was going to cost a small fortune to fix, so I lived with it for three years until I sold it.
    C'est la vie.

14. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,208
    Which reminds me of a personalised plate that I used to see around town that belonged to a notoriously miserable and grumpy head teacher

T4 WT U

I hope he wasn't referring to me :rolleyes:

15. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,908
    I always try to park far away from the shop doors/at the end of row/away from any other car, but sometimes the XXXXXX still manage to get to you. :mad: Then when someone says 'it's only a car' it winds me up even more...I'm sure if I damaged something of their property (probably not a car since that kind of comment seems to come from those without a car or those who drive an old trashy car) it would be a different matter. :mad:

On the helpful side, is it the sort of damage that could be pushed out by a dent repair type firm or has it broken the paint?

16. signs

signs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,316
    Hi kelvin , I'm hoping just that . I'll take it to a body shop tomorrow and see what they say .

17. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,908
    A 'bodyshop' may just quote for filling and spraying. You might need to contact a dent removal firm instead. They are mobile so will come out to you to do this. I've been meaning to get the passenger door on my Z3 done as there are a couple of very shallow dents that look the type that can be pushed out, but I wouldn't want it sprayed (they'll end up doing the whole car since it's metallic).

18. signs

signs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,316
    You have a point mate , just had the bonnet sprayed by the "best" VW body shop in our area and it was the wrong white !!! :(

19. GaryMo

GaryMo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Is it just me who parks away from all other cars in a supermarket only to come out and fine a 7.5t or a banged up transit at the side of me?
    Another pet hate is people leaving trolleys at the side of their car and driving off. A while ago I was lucky enough to have just parked at the side of a couple who did that, they got in their car and just as they were about to reverse I moved the trolley directly behind them. He got out, pushed it to one side and got back in his car. I moved it back behind his car. This went on 4 times before I told him a 5th would result in me throwing in through his back window. He then politely took it back to the trolley bay, I thanked him and we went about our business.
    I'm surprised my car wasn't caved in when I came back out!