• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Some DAVE questions...

jon smith

Prominent Member
I've been thinking about taking the plunge and getting a 2nd hand Alpha 10 fiited with Dave and the 3 channel power amp... but have some questions i'm hoping someone can answer for me.

I'm aware it doesn't have DPL2 and 6.1 etc (and have no desire for SACD)

How many digital inputs does it have - coaxial and optical.

I'll be using a sub/sat system (although god knows which one) and I was wondering if the crossover is fixed or variable?

Anything else I should be aware of???

steeled

Established Member
Hi Jon.

The DAVE module has four inputs - 2 Optical and 2 Co-ax.

The cross-over is fixed at 80Hz (I think). The bass management on the DAVE module is very basic and only works for Dolby Digital and DTS. In Stereo and DPL there is no bass management. The only thing you get is an optional full-range feed to the sub which will then have to do the cross-over.

Hope that helps.

Regards

David Steele (Alpha 10/DAVE +Alpha 10P/3)

Peter Baker

Established Member
Out of interest, how much are you paying for the amps, as I am likely to be selling mine shortly, and would like to know what I should get?
Peter

jon smith

Prominent Member
David, thanks for the info - is very helpful.

PeterBaker, i've not actually got a specific one in mind. If you sell, how much are you looking for? The last 1 on ebay went for £770 (for both the Alpha 10 with DAVE) and the P3.

Peter Baker

Established Member
I've sent you a pm

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom