Some connections for simplicity?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Barr_y, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Barr_y

Barr_y
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have been trying all connections between my 3806, 2910 and my Pioneer Plasma TV, the XDE model. I found the best set-up was HDMI from DVD Player 2910 straight into the AMP Denon 3806. I then used an HDMI cable from 3806 to the Pioneer TV. The Sky+ box I connected direct to Pioneer via RGB scart and a Toslink cable to Optical2 on the Denon3806.

Because the Pioneer has an Optical output I decided to connect this to the Optical1 on my 3806 after assigning. That meant I had two Optical cables connected I could then use DBS for SKY+ from the handset and TV from my 3806 AMP
    Here is where I heard a difference when changing them over because one of the Optical cables was inferior. The outcome was I connected the best Optical cable from my Pioneer and assigned it to Optical2 where DBS was assigned. I then removed the Optical cable from Sky+ to my AMP. The sound can now be heard through the TV connection of the AMP without having to change the AMP settings. The sound has improved and less cables to worry about.

I also have a Panasonic DVD/VCR connected direct to Pioneer via scart and this also plays through the TV AMP without changing. This does have it's own Optical connection with Dolby Digital and DTS, but as yet I have not got the 5.1 to work. I am just not sure of how to do this yet, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you have any comments on the above I would be pleased to hear them, and the way you might connect