Some Cheap Blus At Borders Instore.

Body Of Lies £10,Eagle Eye £10,The Hulk £8,not bad prices i thought,plus some more at £7.99 and £10. Instore at the Glasgow branch, hope other branches are doing the same.Seemed like a misprice from them again though,the sd versions were more expensive than the blu's.

sdavidsonuk

Yeah, this is defo a misprice as Borders are pretty much extortianate for most items, and esepcially Blu-rays.

Andy - did you pick any up?

Yeah, this is defo a misprice as Borders are pretty much extortianate for most items, and esepcially Blu-rays.

Andy - did you pick any up?

No mate,did not pick any up,afraid i already have the ones i mentioned.

dude-1981

Weird how this has happened 2 or 3 times now. I got Sweeney Todd for £8 and Hancock and Mama Mia! for £6 when it happened last time. I wonder what causes it?

DeadKenny

Rarely get a chance to go into Borders, but popped into Kingston branch recently and only Blus I could see were all over £20. But not much different from HMV.

ChewiePSP

Standard Member
Went into the Borders in York today, had loads of Blu-rays under a tenner. I got Hulk (7.99), Mummy 3, Hellboy 2 and Tropic Thunder (all 9.99). Better still I had a 20% off if you spend £25+ voucher:

Edit Ignore - wrong link:
http://www.bordersmail.com/taomail/images/e56/voucher.pdf?

Edit: Corrected link:
http://www.bordersmail.com/taomail/images/e56/voucher2.pdf?

Total price: £30.37!

They had others including 007 (QoS, CR and older ones), Fargo, The Duchess and Defiance I think.

Thanks Andy24!

dude-1981

My mate reports £10 Frost/Nixon in the Islington branch but she can be pretty scatty to be fair.

grunfgrunf63

Rarely get a chance to go into Borders, but popped into Kingston branch recently and only Blus I could see were all over £20. But not much different from HMV.

many have been repriced today and for some others just ask for a scan and they come at £9.99

IAN P

Distinguished Member
Good deal is this,especially with the voucher:D

Anyhoo,managed to get 3 from the Gateshead branch and 4 from the Silverlink branch.

Impressive shop for US film mags as well.

Cheers Andy24 and ChewiePSP.:smashin:

IAN P

Distinguished Member
Hi Ian...I did`nt know we had them in the Newcastle area...cheers!

What titles did you get and how much were they please?:)

Silverlink is about 5 min drive from the centre of Toon,stay on the coast road.

Underworld 3
Changeling
Tales of the Black Freighter

Goldfinger
World is Not Enough
Eagle Eye
Starship Troopers

10 quid each minus 20%=8 quid each,great prices imho.

They had a few more titles but they weren't for me.

iamnorbert

Standard Member
Big thanks to Andy24 for the original post and ChewiePSP for the discount voucher. I popped into the Milton Keynes branch this afternoon and picked up Defiance, Frost/Nixon, Body of Lies, Changeling and Eagle Eye for a grand total of £39.96!! The last 3 were all labelled at £9.99 but both Defiance and Frost/Nixon had £17.99 stickers on them.

Thats £7.99 each and a proper bargain I think (probably wouldn't have bought Eagle Eye for any more though). I took their last copy of Defiance and Frost/Nixon and can only assume these two were a mis-price. I suspect others would have shown up cheap but nothing else took my fancy, even at that price.

Thanks again.

Glad you guys got some bargains there,Borders blu's are always expensive,so had to be a misprice,lets hope there are some more to be had :thumbsup:

adsldave

I got X-Men Trilogy for £9.99 (would have been £7.99 if id' know about the voucher then). Also bought changeling, goldfinger & quantum of solace

Picture005-1.jpg

It was the only X-Men available & the member of staff who served me told me she got one for herself for £6 with staff discount & she doesn't even have a blu ray player yet.

woody23

I got X-Men Trilogy for £9.99 (would have been £7.99 if id' know about the voucher then). Also bought changeling, goldfinger & quantum of solace

Picture005-1.jpg

It was the only X-Men available & the member of staff who served me told me she got one for herself for £6 with staff discount & she doesn't even have a blu ray player yet.

wow thats amazing

which store did u get this from?

Picture005-1.jpg

You got lucky mate,a real bargain,did not see that one in my local.

Marc

Distinguished Member
if anyone is going to borders, is there any chance you could pick me up a copy of xmen trilogy, changeling and underworld 3? There aren't any Borders in my city :( it would be really really appreciated

frostrich

Just picked up Quantum of Solace and Changeling from the Oxford Street branch. There were lots of display copies of QoS on show so presumably a few left in stock.

frostrich

Did they have a large selection in Oxford Street?
May pop in on my way home. :smashin:

From memory the Bonds were on the ground floor by the tills and a small selection (top 20) were on the 3rd floor with a couple of others dotted around on the 3rd.

It's worth having a look.

Last edited:
Picked up Defiance and Australia today for £9.99 each,seems to be when they have a sale on they price the blu's as sd's and vice versa,if you are in a Borders it's worth looking around,they had quite a few today at £9.99 like...
Frost & Nixon, W, Underworld, The Promise,Watchmen,Tropic Thunder,though some stores have this at £7.99.But worth a browse anyway :smashin:

Last edited:

grunfgrunf63

Picked up Defiance and Australia today for £9.99 each,seems to be when they have a sale on they price the blu's as sd's and vice versa,if you are in a Borders it's worth looking around,they had quite a few today at £9.99 like...
Frost & Nixon, W, Underworld, The Promise,Watchmen,Tropic Thunder,though some stores have this at £7.99.But worth a browse anyway :smashin:

Hi, Australia scanned at £14.99 yesterday here in London. Was this a sticker misprice. I got twilight at £9.99 but because of the sticher error.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom