1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some basic questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Bigmonty69, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Bigmonty69

Bigmonty69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Read through these forums quite a bit and seen a few conflicting posts about the set up of a PW6 Panny. So I am looking for some simple answers to help me get started.

I have just bought the Panny and also have a Jamo Dvr50, video recorder and freeview box.

What I would like to know is how to connect them to achieve the best possible picture results. The Panny comes with only a scart terminal board installed and the VGA input that is standard I believe.

I relealise I can connect the Jamo via Component but I am confused as to whether I should be purchasing a component terminal board for slot 2 or 3 (£110ish) and connecting direct to this or, as I have read elsewhere, connect it to the VGA slot??

Also I am totally confused as to how to connect the Freeview box and Video recoder to it, seening as I have only 1 scart board on the back. Do I need to purchase another scart board or should I purchase a Switch box, if so which one as I have no idea which is the best?

Please help.

Cheers.