Some bargains I've spotted this week

MemX

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post up as I saw what I thought were some good prices while looking around this week!

Tesco:
Looper £11
Tron Legacy BD + DVD £7
Bourne Legacy ND+Digital+UV £8
Wall-E 2-Disc edition £10

HMV:
Man With The Iron Fists £10

That is all :) :D

Just for info...

Wall-E is £1 cheaper from a few places. I got it last week via flubit for £7.78 by asking them to beat that price.

Tron Legacy double play is £1 cheaper from Zavvi / The Hut.

Sure Looper is 9 quid instore at Sainsbury's.

Sure Looper is 9 quid instore at Sainsbury's.

£9, £11...Looper just needs to be bought! Great film.

Yeah as for 'good deals' people should really scout around a bit better - I usually check Amazon, Sainsbury's, ASDA, Tesco, Zavvi, TheHut, Base.com, Play.com, eBay etc. obviously depending on what I'm looking for. Some of these I've seen for cheaper - a quick search tells me The Man With The Iron Fists is 50p cheaper from **********s on Play.com...

Agreed. Loved Looper.

OP does raise a good point though. Faff around on t'interwebs or pay an extra quid or two and get it there and then to watch that night.

I don't mind paying a little bit more for the convenience of getting a flick straight away. That is a little bit, not double what it is online, are you listening HMV? :)

Agreed. Loved Looper.

OP does raise a good point though. Faff around on t'interwebs or pay an extra quid or two and get it there and then to watch that night.

I don't mind paying a little bit more for the convenience of getting a flick straight away. That is a little bit, not double what it is online, are you listening HMV? :)

True - but even then, I'd only buy it in-store if I was sure I was going to watch it that day or the next, otherwise I could wait and save a few quid here and there. It all adds up and the saving can be invested in another potential new buy.

Find DVD is great but doesn't currently list Sainsbury's Entertainment prices, so it's often also worthwhile checking there separately. If prices are moving quickly, it can also be a good idea to click through to a few of the leading sites to verify them, as the listings on Find DVD can take awhile to pick up changes.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom