Wardens-watching_filtered.jpg
[/IMG]
THE JOSHUA TREE

joshua-Tree.jpg
[/IMG]

wowser.

How much is post production?

Cracking shots Vulkan.

Road To Nowhere is my pick of the bunch.
Not sure about Joshua Tree though - the sky's too black.

Dont know what happened to the other thread.:rolleyes:

Which one?

Very nice images BTW ;:cool::smashin: Impressive PP : Some more art than photography but very impressive nonetheless (IMO)

Printing out 2 copies of Joshua Tree will surely use up your printers black ink:eek:

Thanks,:thumbsup: They were all PP some just level adjusted,dodged and burned and others with an infared treatment.

Gary.

Thats what the Infared treatment did To the sky.Thanks mate:thumbsup: .

I posted this same thread but it became an invalid..its since disappeared:D

The cyber phantom is on the rampage...It doesn't like mono images:rotfl:

PS It was there, Just "broken" Ive just this minute deleted it

Some stunning shots there m8 (again :rolleyes: )

love what you do with the skies....

where was the road to nowhere taken?

Trev

Nice images - But the skys are just a little too deep for me, and the post processing just a little heavy handed.

Love the first 2 though.

Sorry mate - just saying what I think.

:thumbsup:

No need to apologise Liquid.Your opinion is valued and comments appreciated.I know where your coming from.

They are a bit full on but I personally like the skys for the mountain shots,almost a foreboding,Not the place you want to be, if the weather changes type of feel.It was never meant to look entirely natural.

Everyone Please say what they feel....good or bad.

well more good if you dont mind:;) grin:

My opinion FWIW, is similar to senu's.

I'm massively impressed with the technique :thumbsup: and can certainly appreciate the results, they've just strayed a bit far from what I normally look for in photos.

I love PP when it is used to tweak a pic and make it a bit more as I would have hoped it to turn out, but these technique disguise the original for me. Sometimes I'd rather see a less than perfect shot than the unnatural look that a turn on Photoshop's more dramatic features can throw up.

All that aside, I do like the Joshua tree. It works well. Would be interested to see a more conventional version though.

Thanks mate..
Joshua tree was converted from this..

See, I'm liking that. But if I'm honest, your treatment has given it something extra.

Very nice job :smashin: . I notice your well into this at the moment and it shows.

Thanks mate..
Joshua tree was converted from this..

They are both great.. just different interpretations:smashin::cool:

As denno75uk has stated , your current mono , almost HDR style is getting to be a trademark.. and it is ace:thumbsup:

Nice tonal range on all those Vulkan! I particularly like the one of the old building on top of the hill. It has "mood" in bucketloads.

I'm not overly keen on the blurred effect of the street HDR shot though - just my personal taste.

Great conversions though - black blacks and white whites with lots inbetween. None of the washed out grey look. Excellent!

Great photos Vulkan. I really like Warden's Watching. The turned wheels on the landy make it almost feel like the landrover is surveying the view. A great shot.
I think your treatments, although unnatural, do make the pictures tell stories which they otherwise might not. Good stuff.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom