1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Av32R Questions..Newcomer to TAg

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by rv02, Feb 28, 2005.

1. rv02

rv02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I am a new comer into the world of TAG Mclaren. I have just purchased an old AV32R 5.1.

I have copule of questions:

Whre can I buy the TAGtronic Programming cable so I can upgrade the software.

2: I hace an ARCAM 9 Amplifier and an ARCAM DV88P with B&W 800 series speakers. Currently I am using an ARCAM AVR300 processor. I want to know will I get a much better performance from the AV32 than ARCAM processor or I need to upgrade the TAG.

Finally I paid £670 for this unit. Can someone tell me whether this was over priced or is it reasonable as I really do not know how much these units are worth

Thanks for your help and sorry if the question are obvious.

2. edward

edward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Welcome aboard!

I would suggest you borrow a TAGtronic cable for now – they’re not cheap. There are probably people here in the forum who would help (perhaps wanting some sort of security) to lend you the cable. Actually, it’s not just a cable – it has a box of bits in the middle.

I don’t know the Arcam model you refer to but I can tell that you that if you do spend the money on an upgrade to dual Sharcs, you’ll get a formidable processor. It won’t be cheap but at the price you paid for the base unit, it’ll blow spots of pretty much anything in the “bang for bucks” stakes. That second Sharc gets you some amazing software upgrade potential, especially if you also spend the extra for the Dolby ProLogic IIx software.

Hope this helps.

3. rv02

rv02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this. CAn you tell me how I can go ahead with the upgrade and roughly how much will it cost.

Also I still be interested in purchasing the TAGtronic Programming cable and all the bits. I have searched the web and cant find any place who sells this. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks yet again

4. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best email the IAG helpdesk - they will be able to provide a comprehensive price list.

info@iaguk.com (from memory)