1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some advice

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Babylon, May 25, 2005.

1. Babylon

Babylon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just a bit of advice please, what I do as a job is install the big fridges that you get in supermarkets, you know, the ones with the butter and meat in, well we also take out the old ones, well unless you work there, what people don't know is that at night on some cases an electric screen comes down to keep the cold in and cut down on power, so before we take them out I take off the screens and these can be anything from 4ft to 12ft long and unwind anything upto 8ft, they are just a aluminium tube about 1in or so in diameter with a geared motor system in the end and a screw which you turn to tell the screen when it’s upper and lower stop point is.

Motor

adjuster

pole

Motor inserted

What I would like to know is that the screen is made of a kind of woven mat that is very strong but shiny silver, but I will try to paint first,sometimes they are silver on one side and a smooth non refective grey on the other which would be spot on, but I haven't come across any lately(But I will),until then, and if the painting dosen't work is there a cheap material I could use in it's place,as a few friends would like one, and it's a shame just to scrap them.