1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Advice

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by betamac, Jan 5, 2005.

1. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I have just bought the Kef Speakers (Q7's, Q1's And Soon Q6c)

I got the PSW2500 Sub with it but after reading a few comments i am kinda regretting it as people seem think i should be aiming for something abit better with the Q7's

So i am thinking about getting a SVS and was wondering if the PB12 would be better than the PSW2500 On its own

or should i just add a PB10 AS WELL As the PSW2500 then i could keep the Kef on show and hide the SVS behind the Sofas

Room is about 6 Metres X 4 Metres

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The PB-10 is an excellent sub that punches well above it's weight and won't sound out of place with your speakers.

My only concern is that integrating two subs is never as easy as it might seem and if you get it wrong you could end up with less bass and not more.

3. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Using 2 subs is definitelya good way of improving low frequency output (I'd probably add another BK XLS200 to make a stack of 2 if I had the spare cash :rolleyes: )

My worry here is that although a better sub will provide increased extension and be better down to that level, you'll be limited by the quality of the PSW2500 at the levels where it will be active. Basically, adding another sub won't remove levels of distortion that are already present from the Kef.

In my opinion, either the PB10 or PB12 will be better than the Kef but you may well degrade the sound by using them in conjunction.

4. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Agreed, if you are going to have two subs, it is always better to have the same model, let alone the same brand, otherwise it will be integration nightmare.

I'm toying with the idea of a 2nd PC Ultra, but that won't happen until the house move.

A PB10 would be a good choice, But I would probably go a bit further and go for a PB12 Plus.

5. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice guys

i am gona stick the PSW2500 on Ebay should get nearly what i paid back for it i am sure

I been looking around the SVS website and reading a few reviews on this forum and decided to narrow my search down to the

25-31 PC-Plus

Or

25-31 PCi

I know its quite a change from my previous pick but i think one of the cylinders in the corner of the room behind my speaker and dvd rack will be a better option for me

Just gota decide on which would be best for my room

6. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i have just ordered the

SVS 20-39PCi

:) Cant believe i just did it but done now, will i notice a massive difference from my PSW2500 to this SVS the output is not as high on the SVS but i guess its quality that counts yeh?

7. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Ooooh yes :D

8. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wikid

Can you tell me one last thing, are they ok if you put them in a corner of the room? as i would prefer it out the way if possible as it dont exactly match the lovely Kef speakers :)

9. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Mine works just fine in the corner

10. whats_this

whats_this

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Isnt the ideal place in the room the corner, or did i just presume that?