1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some advice please...

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by fat tom, Jan 9, 2003.

1. fat tom

fat tom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok I was gonna buy one of these...

http://www.nebula-electronics.com/i...o.asp?Code=0001

for getting digital TV but It basically requires a graphics card with TV out.

I currently have a geforce 3 ti-500 (gainward) with TV out and watch DVDs via my hollywood+ (s-video out)

The thing is the TV out quality on the Geforce is very poor text is mostly unreadable at 800x600 with fonts set to large....

I currently own a 28inch (WS) cheapy CRT this will be getting replaced at some point probably with a 42inch plasma but for now the TV remains...

basically I want to know what the best solution for a TV out would be that would work well with both a 28inch CRT and a plasma.....

I heard the ATIs 8500/9500/9700 are supposed to be good for this. I am slightly confused over the differences between them as I have always been (up to this point) a nvidia man

I would also prefer to keep the price below 200 quid unless spending more is well worth it. I do use my PC for gaming so 3d performance is a consideration.

thanks for your advice...

Fat Tom