Some advice Please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by scollops, Mar 5, 2004.

1. scollops

scollops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 42" Plasma built in tuner, with HK DVD and Amp as well as Sky+. As usual the pic from sky+ is not always good. In fact I have moved from RGB to PAL becasue of the bleed on shadows and light etc, still present but maybe I am trying to convince myself its better.

My question is would a Scaler/Doubler sort this out for me and if so what should I bee looking at ? I did take a peek at the Iscan HD but Lumagen has been mentioned also.

Was thinking of getting a Scart to VGA also - although cant see this doing much, did on the xbox though.

Grateful for any advce please.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Try using S-video for Sky+ and see if that helps at all.

3. scollops

scollops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm S-video works better than RGB bugger.......getting picky now, could be looking at scaler then to improve sky+ then. Cheers for the suggestion - wast of time buying expensive scarts DOH !

Just one thing though, as S-video is better than scart, if i use JS Tech converter to component or vga , will this be better again.