Some advice please?, What LCD to buy 32" - 37" (beginner)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Mzarkz, Sep 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Mzarkz

Mzarkz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, before i start i appolgise for spelling and punctuation!

I am very open on this subject as im completely new to LCD, i have all ready and continue to read up on specifications and features to look out for when purchasing a new TV. Alls i know so far is i want to buy a "future proof" LCD TV anything in size from 32" to 37" i know 1080p is apparently not so usefull at the moment as most broadcasts are not in full HD however i want to know is it worth purchasing to be ready for the future? Just to give you an idea of what i will use the LCD for.. I will be puchasing a Blu-ray player of some form but also still intend to use regular DVD i will also be connecting SKY HD and my P.C which will have one of the latest GFX cards installed
    Price is an open issue as i am willing to save if it means a better TV although i'd have to say £1600 would probably be my limit

Thanks alot in advance!

Mark =)

2. Richard_Norman

Richard_Norman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From what little I know...

1080p is not that big an issue on a TV as small as 32" so if you are going for that size then it wouldn't really be worth spending anymore for that feature.

As far as 32" TVs go; usually the two regarded as the best are the Panasonic LXD700 and the Sony D3000. Both have good SD and HD performance and you wouldn't go wrong with either. Both available for between £700 and £800 too if you shop around so easily within your (huge) budget!

3. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,312
    A few comments:

Some people debate the worthiness of a 1920x1080 (1080p) LCD panel (not me - I wouldn't ever trade mine!), but HDTV broadcasts are actually in Full HD - 1920x1080i. You'll need a TV with "1080" somewhere in the description to see every last pixel of that detail. Of course, the other types - which use 1366x768 resolution - still look excellent.

There is no 32" 1080-line TV in Europe that I know of, so that makes that simple :) and as far as LCDs go I'd recommend the Sonys or Samsungs.

Personally, I have a 1080p Sony KDL-40W2000 (40") that can be had online for around the £999 mark which IMO is a bargain...

4. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    No 32" 1080p yet so forget that.So:For the uses I see that the 1080p in your case worth especially on pc use!So with your budget you can take the new Sony KDL-40X3000 with 100Hz too!!

5. Mzarkz

Mzarkz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all for your adivce! i shall take it all into consideration, i was swaying toward the 37" but may now re consider for a 40" if im going to get the best use out of my T.V i could not find the Sony KDL-40X3000 for release yet in the uk the site says Nov 2007 is this worth waiting for?

Regards

Mark

6. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    Yep I believe its worth!!