some advice please on mp3 headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by lucky123, Apr 24, 2007.

1. lucky123

lucky123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi just purchased an Iriver Clix and am looking for some headphones to go with it, ive never owned an mp3 player so be gentle:rolleyes:

i wouldnt want to spend anymore than around £35 and am really looking at the in-ear ones that are around.

was reading some posts that reccomend these?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shure-E2C-N...7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1176621728&sr=8-1

or these

http://www.soundwise.co.uk/earphones/g4.shtml

any help greatly appreciated

ps will any FM transmitter be ok for the car? was looking at this one for a tenner

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele..._1_iPod_MP3_Micro_FM_Transmitter/Product.html

many thanks:smashin:

2. vwgolf32

vwgolf32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Shure E2 are excellent I have owned a set for 2 years now and are a steal at that price

3. Reano

Reano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47

I also hear that the sennheiser cx300 are good (haven't heard them) I have heard shure e3 and above but that is out of your budget. Don't be fooled to get the sony 71's (and similar) I really don't like the build quality or sound quality in comparison to say the e3c.

I have owned a range of FM transmitters (Belkin, itrip, etc) and none have really floated my boat. You can only get as good as FM radio which while travelling is not brilliant. However it can be pretty good when stationary or transmitted to an amp or even a radio in the kitchen, bathroom (yes bathroom), etc. The ipod car kits, etc are a whole lot better not to mention you can change, pause, etc tracks a lot more easily.

Since this is your first mp3 player and you have made the effort to come on here to ask questions go with the transmitter as it does have a dual purpose of also being able to transmit tracks in the house.

When you start to get more available cash for your audio look at headphones like Shure e3, Westone UM1 or 2, ety 4 or 6, etc and go from there. It's at this point I would say you reach the best compromised between sound and cost. After the that the cost goes up steeply and the sound quality jump is a lot less.

4. lucky123

lucky123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many thanks for the sound advice guys:smashin:

5. lucky123

lucky123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the Shure's, what i can say.............. simply awesome, very comfortable.crisp loud and clear....dead chuffed:thumbsup:

cheers guys;)

6. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,151
    In terms of value for money, I think the Sennheiser CX300's are great. It offers different size ear pieces too!

7. Reano

Reano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Which shures you get?