1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some advice on upgrading my speakers (5.1)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by fullboat, Aug 22, 2005.

1. fullboat

fullboat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Greetings.

I have just started the upgrade of my home cinema system.

Just replaced my old Denon with a Yamaha V-1500.

This has shown up the limitations of my existing speakers (Mission Cinema 6 pack).

So far I’ve listened to :

Kef eggs- not bad but not a huge jump up from what I have. (£600 approx)
    B&W mini theatre – loved the M-10 speakers but thought the sub was very poor. (£625 for the speakers plus additional for sub)

Anyone think of any others I should try. These are for home cinema only (No music).

I had a look through the forums and like the look of the Canton’s. Perhaps the CD-100 and CD-50 at the front and the CD-10 at the rear with the Bk XLS 200 (£780 Approx)

Problem I have is I’m not in a position to audition the Cantons before buying them.

Any advice or comments would be much appreciated.

2. Sniper

Sniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Do they have to be smallish speakers (since you mentioned eggs & canton!) - if not have a look at the Monitor Audio Bronze range - very good speakers for the money!

Also more stylish (and a bit more expensive) is the Monitor Audio Radius range.

I've heard both systems & they sound great - what I would suggest (for both systems mentioned above) is to stay away from their sub & get the BK!!!