Some advice on my first LCD!

P

Paisleylad

First of all hi everyone with this being my first post and all that:thumbsup:
anyroads im looking to purchase my first LCD in the next couple of weeks and after reading threads for a while im still none the wiser:suicide: .Basically i have maximum 800 quid to spend on the tv and it will mostly be used for sd tv(at the moment) my ps3 will play a big factor and also just some blue-ray dvds through my ps3.I have looked around the forums and i seen the Hanspree got good reviews but call me a snob if you like i keep being drawn towards well known brand names.Anyways who is going to save this LCD virgin(oooohhh sir:D )from insanity and point me in the right direction.
Thanks lads and lassies

37wlt68, great for SD and HD. I think you can pick one up on play for just below what you have.

37wlt68, great for SD and HD. I think you can pick one up on play for just below what you have.
Just had a wee look on play mate and they are looking for 850 plus they have none in stock:( Also are these likely to come down in the price in the near future.
Thanks again mate.

may i ask why lcd?

why not plasma, 800 quid will get you 42", better sd picture quality! :thumbsup:

If you have an EGG Credit Card have a look at Dixons as they are giving 10% off this weekend only + there are a couple of discount codes flying about. Should be able to get any TV you want at an unbeatable price. The new 32" Toshiba is going for £476 for example.

may i ask why lcd?

why not plasma, 800 quid will get you 42", better sd picture quality! :thumbsup:
To be honest mate i am open to plasma if i was shoved in the right direction......as a complete tv novice i have been told in the past a few times that lcd is the way to go......although i admit i could just be getting fed a lot of rubbish by someone no wiser than myself.:D

i personally would not go for an lcd unless it was a sony, think its the bravia s series, i have heard great things about them, but the price is a bit above what your looking to spend! have a good look around the forums for reviews about each TV, personally i think a panny would be an ideal TV for the money :D

have a look at this and it comes with standard three year warranty!

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~PAN-TH37PX70PED.htm

i personally would not go for an lcd unless it was a sony, think its the bravia s series, i have heard great things about them, but the price is a bit above what your looking to spend! have a good look around the forums for reviews about each TV, personally i think a panny would be an ideal TV for the money :D
Is this an impartial view or a very biased one:D
Thanks mate:)

Is this an impartial view or a very biased one:D
Thanks mate:)

it is impartial cause i quite fancy an LCD myself just that every time i think yip that one, i do a wee forum search and theres problems with it, with motion blur, pixelation etc etc, but the bravia seems to have the best comments on here! :smashin:

also i dont have a panny either!

I'm in the same boat, was happy with my TX36D3P panasonic CRT but on Friday morning, fiizzzzz...pop and it was dead but after 9 years abuse I cannot complain so trying to get to grips with the new screens.

The only reason I'm leaning toward LCD is that they seem easier to live with and need less care when in use (burn in etc) but I'm not sure :confused:

One of the things I've learned so far is that I need to see a screen with an SD feed before I buy as there seems to be a big difference between them.

Not much help but I'll keep an eye on this thread :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------Hi
I have cut and pasted this from an earlier post today.
It may not help you chose but there are loads of pitfalls!!

Steve

Cut And Paste

I started a thread some time ago dedicated to buzzing TVs and there was loads of response.(Do a search)

I came to the conclusion that many many tvs "Buzz"....mine (Humax) still does although it was returned once and the new one was the same.However some DONT buzz and some of the ones that do buzz the owners are not too bothered.

I have reluctantly got used to it.

As its an occasional use bedroom set I have kept it although if it had been a high priced lounge type model I would have rejected it entirely.

My take on this is that I accept and understand the answer Panasonic gave you BUT that disclaimer should be up front on the box...........I guess you wouldnt have bought it........neither would I.Also in the electronics world there is always a circuit or component or re design that would stop these sort of things.......but of course more money!

I consider we have gone flat panel crazy.......the manufacturers have responded to the demand and produced some flawed badly designed sets.

There is not only "Buzzing" there is also "Motion Blur","Blocking","Poor Viewing Angle"........just researc the threads!!!!!!!!!!!

This doesnt apply to all sets as there are some people who are overjoyed with their flat panels.

To sum up I will not be replacing my 29" Sony CRT lounge set until flat panels grow up and get far better reviews.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom