Some advice on Image retention (Panasonic)

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Fattb, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Fattb

Fattb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Chaps

Just after a bit of advice i have had my Panasonic TH42-PX60 for about 6 months ('Ran it in' on low settings for about 200hrs) and have noticed some of the images are starting retained after only short periods of time on SKY/DVD menus,

Any thoughts or similiar issues

TIA Tony

2. mx-revelation

mx-revelation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i havent the px 60 although was going to buy till i read the green tinge thing ive got the hitachi 7200 and also suffer from retention slight and its the own tvs set up menu the worst offender belive it or not

leave it on a few mins go to a channel where theres no av signal scart sockets ect and you see the faint outline from the plutonium radioactive contrasted menu system

try lowering your contrast and dont use dynamic ? hope that helps

3. Gussie

Gussie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    I see that Murdoch has decreed that another logo be plastered over the Sky News channel "More at sky.com/news" in bright red!

I suppose it's to do with Sky's Broadband offering. Blatent advertising !!

All these static logos are ruining my viewing of certain channels - and yes they all result in some measure of screen retention which certainly influence the way I use my PX60.

Gussie :)

4. Fattb

Fattb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Hmmm is just a factor of bright menus etc then as i have always had the contrast and pretty much all the setting in the middle, not even touched Dynamic :confused:

5. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +759
    Well I have had two Panny Plasmas now, never run them in as such a thing doesn't exist. Just set to Normal on day one and left contrast up at 80% and other settings around 50% and I have never seen this image retention that people mention. Mind you I never look for it either as I use mine for what it was intended for i.e. simply watching t.v. from around 10 feet away. Having watched what I want I turn it off and that's the end of that. For goodness sake just enjoy it and stop looking for problems.

6. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    i went through 3 PX60s - mainly due to dead pixels.

The last one i had suffered way more retention thatn the previous ones. I noticed it on the main menu of the star wars dvd, return of the jedi i think.

Once the title menu reset to loop through the clips again the menu would flick off for a number of seconds. The yellow writing was replaced with dark letters!

It also was terrible with the 360, especially on Ghost recon. The other 2 screens had no such problem - least not as obvious as i could not see it.

Cracking screens though and to be fair the retention is far far less than any other plasma at the mo.

7. azz

azz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Does anyone know if the px60 will accept 1080p and display a downsclaed version or a blank screen???

Azz:lease:

8. synnea

synnea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have been told by a mate that it does downscale but I cannot confirm this in any specs etc