Question Some advice on how much my rig is worth

mlind1

Hi all,

Like I guess a lot of people, during full lockdown, I got a bit excited and bought some stuff online.

I bought some components and built myself a gaming pc,

Whilst I don’t regret it (it was fun and I had not built a pc for a few years) I’m finding that now life is starting to get back to normal I’m not using it enough to justify keeping it. (Plus I just ordered a Xbox Series X!)

I have no idea how much to sell this for (or at least a ”Starting price”).

Appreciate they are only worth what someone is willing to pay and I’m under no disillusion that I will obviously lose a fair bit on it from what I paid. (epeciialy after the recent Nvidia announcements)

The specs are below. Just after a bit of friendly advice from the community :)

Attachments

Ono

About £650 I reckon. Still a decent system. The GPU is the weakest link and the PSU would would need replacing to put in a 30xx card.

MGRayd

Distinguished Member
About £650 I reckon. Still a decent system. The GPU is the weakest link and the PSU would would need replacing to put in a 30xx card.
Agree, as soon as I read the parts list my thoughts were £650 on second hand market, depending on how and where you list you could get more.

If selling you want good pictures, clean system so no dust. Case open and closed but don't over do the amount of pics.

mlind1

Fair enough. I was hoping for 700 So I figured I’ll start at that and see how it goes. Going to start locally as don’t want to mess around with delivery (and also want the buyer to be happy everything works before taking), otherwise I’d use the AVforums classified as I normally do.

MGRayd

Distinguished Member
If you're looking to get £700 I would say start a bit higher so you have some negotiating room with potential buyers. Don't list at the lowest price you would take.

You'll find that if the buyer can haggle you down to £700 and that's the lowest you're happy to take then it's a win for both the buyer and you as they feel they have got a good deal by getting you down to £700.

mlind1

yeah that's some good advice.

I always suck at selling my gear and probably take too low an offer sometimes as I'm just happy to get rid.

I'm lucky enough in this scenario not necessarily to need the cash so if I can't sell it for what I want I may just keep it to have something to mess around with.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom