1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some advice on digiscoping please

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by laupsek, Apr 17, 2003.

1. laupsek

laupsek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have any experience of using camcorders for the purpose of digiscoping?
    I'm looking to buy a camcorder to attach to a Leica apovid 77 telescope and recently had the opportunity to try out a Canon 550i with this 'scope an found it extremely disappointing (blurred and shaky images, excessive motor noise etc.)
    Talking to various camcorder dealers, I'm told that what I need is a cam with a good optical image stabiliser - as opposed to one with just a digital image stabiliser. Would this really make that much difference or are other factors involved?
    Thus, so far, I have limited my search to the following models: Canon MVX2i; Panasonic NV-MX350 & 500; Sony TRV950. Could any of these do the trick or does anyone have experience with more suitable and cheaper models?
    (If there is anyone from the various camcorder mags reading this - what about a detailed feature on digiscoping?)