1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some advice on a suitable LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by zera, Sep 1, 2004.

1. zera

zera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, ive been looking for hours on the net for a lcd that suits me but due to most sites not telling you all the features (especially not giving refresh rates). Now i know you must get this sort of question all the time but ive really tried to find some suitable tvs myself with no luck

Im looking for an LCD thats 22-30 inch, with pc input and a very good refresh rate due to some gaming and i will really notice ghosting (im just like that), most likely widescreen but will consider standard size. I would also like it wall mountable.

As low a price as possible but i know you get what you pay for so i dont expect anything really low definately under 1.5k but really under 1k please.

Hopefull someone can point me towards some suitable tv's to look at,

Many Thanks

2. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The hitachi 28LD5200 is going for £1050 (ish) there was a thread on here a few days ago, try a search. Not sure if it has what you want

3. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +390
    Toshiba's WL46, 26" lcd is £1,200 from rgb, with pc input, 2 component, 3 scart, (2 RGB), and other svhs/composite connections. Good performance, great for games. Average looks though. Perhaps silver is starting to look dated!? Still, I have one and am happy with it. Has a screen res of 1366 by 768 which is the correct 16:9 as most lcd panels seem to be 15:9 or 1280 by 720. not only does the set accept 480p and 575p, (is that right). But also 720p and 1080i, (scaled down I suppose!?).

4. Thrutch

Thrutch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to Tosh's Website the 26LW46 it is 1280 X 768. There is no refresh rate. Are there any panels out yet that have a refresh rate less than 16 milliseconds ?

5. Phybron

Phybron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm considering a Sharp LC-22AD1E, which has a 16ms refresh rate (I know because I emailed them to ask) and it has just dropped to £960 at http://www.digitaldirectuk.com. The older LC22SV2E is cheaper but has 25ms refresh rate.

6. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    your getting 8 inches less for less then 100 quid over the hitachi
    :nono:

7. zera

zera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers guys ill check out the models you mentioned, many thanks

8. zera

zera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh and i read while doing some research that they either just have or are just about to bring out 12ms panels

9. Phybron

Phybron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes but I don't want a 28". This is supposed to be a second screen, not the main one for me.
    Am now looking at the 22" Hitachi though, which is only £614 - way cheaper than the Sharp. :)

10. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    what about the philips 23pf9945? available for about £670, with PC input and proper hires panels. I've got the 30" version and its very good.

I was looking at the sharp 22hv2, but it seems to only have 848x480 panels, so no use as a PC monitor (needed by me) - also no PC input :)

Don't think there are any sub 16ms screens though. But bear in mind that most mainstream PC LCDs are 25ms, and 16 is a positive luxury.

I'm off to take a look at that hitachi...