Some advice? New or old car?

boxrick

Currently i have a 12 yr old pug 306 with a number of problems which need fixing. Nothing major, but it seems to have 1 problem after another ater another.

Im in 2 minds whether to fix it up and sell it ( probs worth no more than £500-700 ish ) and purchase a slightly newer car with <60k miles on the clock 2002-5 ish.

Or Pull of all the usable bits and use this gimmick of a "scrappage" scheme to purchase a new one. Ive been eyeing up a Kia Pro Ceed 1.6 Diesel....

Or simply fix up mine and run it into the ground until its falling to pieces....

What advice do you guys offer? I was going to test drive the Kia and see if they would do me any offers before saying i have an old POS car to scrap to see if i can get a good price. I may be able to get a steal but the 7 year warrenty is what draws me in, i would keep the car for the full 7 years.... ( i realise how quickly new cars devalue.... )

Possibly point me in the right direction of a reasonably priced ( <3k ) second hand hatchback which should serve me well for a good few years, it needs to look nice and be a nice drive ontop of being fairly reasonable to repair if possible...
What do you guys reckon?

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Currently i have a 12 yr old pug 306 with a number of problems which need fixing. Nothing major, but it seems to have 1 problem after another ater another.

Im in 2 minds whether to fix it up and sell it ( probs worth no more than £500-700 ish ) and purchase a slightly newer car with <60k miles on the clock 2002-5 ish.

Or Pull of all the usable bits and use this gimmick of a "scrappage" scheme to purchase a new one. Ive been eyeing up a Kia Pro Ceed 1.6 Diesel....

Or simply fix up mine and run it into the ground until its falling to pieces....

What advice do you guys offer? I was going to test drive the Kia and see if they would do me any offers before saying i have an old POS car to scrap to see if i can get a good price. I may be able to get a steal but the 7 year warrenty is what draws me in, i would keep the car for the full 7 years.... ( i realise how quickly new cars devalue.... )

Possibly point me in the right direction of a reasonably priced ( <3k ) second hand hatchback which should serve me well for a good few years, it needs to look nice and be a nice drive ontop of being fairly reasonable to repair if possible...
What do you guys reckon?

I stumbled across this website yesteday and find the "help me choose" really helpful.

Choose a Car - UK Car Guides, New & Used Car Guide - Parker's

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom