1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some advice needed

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by tdp, Apr 13, 2005.

1. tdp

tdp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to this so bare with me

Below is my current setup
    [​IMG]

Originally the tv wasn't connecting to my computer, but I connected them together it sounded better through my pc speakers compared to the small, mono speaker in the tv. BTW It connects to the mic port of my soundcard.

The main reasons for doing this was that I could use my existing speakers and it would take up a lot less room.

Although one thing I don't like is that the computer has to be on and the sound quality is probably reduced due to all the things its going through.

What i'm thinking of doing is getting new speakers and an amp or receiver (whats the difference between them?) and taking advantage of the optical connections on the back of my sky+ box and also my Xbox and PS2

As I know little about what i need, could anyone give me any helpful advice?

2. prolfe

prolfe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just done the same thing - I wanted to be able to play any music that's on my pc through either a stereo or an amp and also be able to give my TV/Sky/PS2 more sound oomph.

So this is what I went for:

SoundBridge Roku Wireless Media Player £180
    Denon AVR-1705 £180
    Mission M71i £60

You can use most speakers with the Denon.

This setup gives me the ability to upgrade the speakers to a full 6.1 surround sound when money is available.

I can now Wirelessly stream any music on my PC through the denon - the kit is on seperate floors - the Roku can search by Artist/Genre/Song Title/Playlist.

Hope this helps

Prolfe :thumbsup: