Some advice needed for MusicCast - DJ setup?

Beagle808

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Looking for some advice before I buy. I currently have two MusicCast 20 speakers set up as a stereo pair. I also have a DJ set up (2 turntables and a mixer) and would like to know if it's possible to use an amp (such as the WXA-50, which has an aux input) to stream my records via the decks to my speakers. And if this works, would there be any delay? The smallest delay between my mixer and what comes out of the speakers would render the whole setup useless. Or are there any other options?

Thanks for any advice!

So long as the Yamaha devices you are using are MusicCast compatible, you should be able to interlink them together. What connections do you have available on your DJ equipment? I know the WXA-50 has a single pair of RCA Analogue plus Optical TosLink inputs which will distribute the sound to other MusicCast devices. You just have to ensure everything is connected to the same network and select the OPT/AUX on the remote and then within the app, ensure everything is grouped together

Will you also be connecting speakers to the WXA-50 or using the MusicCast 20 speakers alone?

Thanks for your reply. I would be using the RCA inputs from the mixer, and currently have no plans to connect other speakers. So essentially, just the mixer into amp (via RCA aux-in), then streamed to the MusicCast speakers. It would all be on the same network.
My main concern, is would there be any delay over wifi?

Are you in a very large room or are the speakers all going to be close. If they're close, you should be fine however if its a large room, then you could hear a delay due to the time differences which are audible with any system indoors our outdoors

I would expect there to be quite a noticeable network audio delay. You could try emailing Yamaha AV support with the question of delay. I have found them responsive in the past.

I used to use NI Traktor + Ableton Live on my macbook pro and had to set the latency quite low to not get overly irritated by digital audio latency (ie keeping to just a few ms), so I would say no chance for this. Cueing and nudge syncing directly off vinyl or my CDJs wasnt really a problem, it was more around accuracy of sample looping, drop in loops, punched in fx etc.

...Cueing and nudge syncing directly off vinyl or my CDJs wasnt really a problem....
Ah, that sounds promising as that's what I'd be doing - mixing direct from vinyl.
I guess if there's an issue I've always got the option of using wired speakers instead of MusicCast ones...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom